SIRA Community

User avatar
SHARK
Savant
Savant
Posts: 15871
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:03 pm
Location: Abu Dhabi
Flag: Sri Lanka
Contact:

Re: SIRA Community

Postby SHARK » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:35 am

Yes PAT price could move at least towards 3.5/3.6 today.
Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.”

PAT
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6951
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:40 pm
Flag: Australia

Re: SIRA Community

Postby PAT » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:50 am

SHARK wrote:Yes PAT price could move at least towards 3.5/3.6 today.


Within few minutes it moved to 3.50/3.60 .... can it sustain or will it come towards 3.20 after XD..... :-?
Live Today........
Without compromising your ability to Live Tomorrow……… :)

User avatar
SHARK
Savant
Savant
Posts: 15871
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:03 pm
Location: Abu Dhabi
Flag: Sri Lanka
Contact:

Re: SIRA Community

Postby SHARK » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:53 am

The RES comes in @4 and 3.9 selling could come. neg sentiments overall has created difficulty for BULLS to sustain. need good results next quarter to show compared to Last Year.
Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.”

PAT
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6951
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:40 pm
Flag: Australia

Re: SIRA Community

Postby PAT » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:02 pm

New 52 weeks low;

Trading @ Rs 3.00........
Live Today........
Without compromising your ability to Live Tomorrow……… :)

PAT
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6951
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:40 pm
Flag: Australia

Re: SIRA Community

Postby PAT » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:04 pm

New 52 weeks low;

Trading @ Rs 2.80........
Live Today........
Without compromising your ability to Live Tomorrow……… :)

User avatar
DXB
ASI Winner Season 1
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:06 am
Location: Dubai
Flag: United Arab Emirates

Re: SIRA Community

Postby DXB » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:38 pm

Has anyone received the dividend payment ???
:)

PAT
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6951
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:40 pm
Flag: Australia

Re: SIRA Community

Postby PAT » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:05 pm

Yes, I received today.......... :)
Live Today........
Without compromising your ability to Live Tomorrow……… :)

User avatar
DXB
ASI Winner Season 1
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:06 am
Location: Dubai
Flag: United Arab Emirates

Re: SIRA Community

Postby DXB » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:35 am

Thanks PAT.
:)

PAT
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6951
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:40 pm
Flag: Australia

Re: SIRA Community

Postby PAT » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:59 pm

Over 3.6 million shares traded so far today @ Rs 3.20-3.60 ............
Live Today........
Without compromising your ability to Live Tomorrow……… :)

PAT
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6951
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:40 pm
Flag: Australia

Re: SIRA Community

Postby PAT » Sat May 28, 2016 9:42 pm

Interim Financial Statements as of 31-03-2016

https://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_fi ... 348774.pdf
Live Today........
Without compromising your ability to Live Tomorrow……… :)

User avatar
SHARK
Savant
Savant
Posts: 15871
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:03 pm
Location: Abu Dhabi
Flag: Sri Lanka
Contact:

Re: SIRA Community

Postby SHARK » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:39 am

sira.png


Stay Neutral, and monitor price action.

BUY on break out 3.5 and above

Collect @3/- 1st Collect with opportunity to grab at further LOW should price dips later. *-:)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.”

PAT
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6951
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:40 pm
Flag: Australia

Re: SIRA Community

Postby PAT » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:46 pm

Thanks Shark for the Chart......
Live Today........
Without compromising your ability to Live Tomorrow……… :)

PAT
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6951
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:40 pm
Flag: Australia

Re: SIRA Community

Postby PAT » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:57 pm

Live Today........
Without compromising your ability to Live Tomorrow……… :)

PAT
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6951
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:40 pm
Flag: Australia

Re: SIRA Community

Postby PAT » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:07 pm

some interest on SIRA again.....

Over 3.7 millions shares traded , today high Rs 3.80
Live Today........
Without compromising your ability to Live Tomorrow……… :)

User avatar
GroundedKestrel
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:40 pm
Flag: Sri Lanka

Re: SIRA Community

Postby GroundedKestrel » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:38 pm

Hi SHARK,

I am not into this for the short term but as something I can buy and forget about for xy number of years. Following are the reasons;

1. Penny stock so the appreciations are larger (along with the losses) and I can hold a relatively large quantity.
2. Excellent dividend yield of approximately 5%? which lets me relax and keeps me interested as I am getting compensated annually.
3. Decent, medium sized market cap with liquidity so I can get cash at any time.
4. Good with the incumbent government and therefore will win tenders to Megapolis, Port City, Shangri-la etc.
5. Climbing market share in the cable market and need due to Sri Lankan development.
6. Loves to diversify and take on high risk/return projects like the one in Africa and Fiji. Also the subsidiary companies manufacture PVCs and patch cables (Sierra Industries is very close to doing a turn around) that contribute to profits etc.
7. They know when to call it quits.. the discontinuation and sale of Sierra Power and now the rigid management and corporate governance practices because of the fraud in the past.
8. Most of the Directors have A LOT of skin in the same (Panditha 17Mn, WA Perera etc)
9. Positive Finch ratings helps a little http://www.lankabusinessonline.com/fitc ... ngs%C2%AD/

However, even with all this I might be having tunnel vision as I have been involved with their share as an investment for awhile. Your thoughts on the matter will be appreciated as always :)

Also, how do I post pictures? there is a segment of the annual report (pages 12 and 64) that talks about the exit from the Sierra Power investment. Would they cash up Sierra more and can this results in even a higher dividend or more cash in the kitty?
"The four most dangerous words in investing are: 'this time it's different." - Sir John Templeton

User avatar
SHARK
Savant
Savant
Posts: 15871
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:03 pm
Location: Abu Dhabi
Flag: Sri Lanka
Contact:

Re: SIRA Community

Postby SHARK » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:15 pm

Appreciate for taking your time to list out the reasoning behind your stake in SIRA.
This is an example for the new and for those well experienced.
Thanks
Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.”

User avatar
SHARK
Savant
Savant
Posts: 15871
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:03 pm
Location: Abu Dhabi
Flag: Sri Lanka
Contact:

Re: SIRA Community

Postby SHARK » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:17 pm

Having huge inventory build up is good at the same time we expect rupee to strengthen.
CBSL at the moment suppressing the upward of rupee.
Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.”

User avatar
SHARK
Savant
Savant
Posts: 15871
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:03 pm
Location: Abu Dhabi
Flag: Sri Lanka
Contact:

Re: SIRA Community

Postby SHARK » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:38 am

GroundedKestrel wrote:Hi SHARK,

I am not into this for the short term but as something I can buy and forget about for xy number of years. Following are the reasons;

1. Penny stock so the appreciations are larger (along with the losses) and I can hold a relatively large quantity.
2. Excellent dividend yield of approximately 5%? which lets me relax and keeps me interested as I am getting compensated annually.
3. Decent, medium sized market cap with liquidity so I can get cash at any time.
4. Good with the incumbent government and therefore will win tenders to Megapolis, Port City, Shangri-la etc.
5. Climbing market share in the cable market and need due to Sri Lankan development.
6. Loves to diversify and take on high risk/return projects like the one in Africa and Fiji. Also the subsidiary companies manufacture PVCs and patch cables (Sierra Industries is very close to doing a turn around) that contribute to profits etc.
7. They know when to call it quits.. the discontinuation and sale of Sierra Power and now the rigid management and corporate governance practices because of the fraud in the past.
8. Most of the Directors have A LOT of skin in the same (Panditha 17Mn, WA Perera etc)
9. Positive Finch ratings helps a little http://www.lankabusinessonline.com/fitc ... ngs%C2%AD/

However, even with all this I might be having tunnel vision as I have been involved with their share as an investment for awhile. Your thoughts on the matter will be appreciated as always :)

Also, how do I post pictures? there is a segment of the annual report (pages 12 and 64) that talks about the exit from the Sierra Power investment. Would they cash up Sierra more and can this results in even a higher dividend or more cash in the kitty?
Dear GK, what is your thoughts on high D/E .... They seem to refinance there loans. You think its a good strategy, will they be going for Rights to reduce the burden.
Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.”

User avatar
GroundedKestrel
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:40 pm
Flag: Sri Lanka

Re: SIRA Community

Postby GroundedKestrel » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:19 pm

Dear SHARK,

So sorry about the late reply as I was called out of town where my internet was VERY limited.

Hmmm.. its's pretty tight but manageable as of now. Also, they will get some cash from the sale of Sierra Power but as you mentioned, they need to certainly up their game if they are to keep continue with the dividends in the future. Bullish on them winning some good tenders though.



Screen Shot 2016-09-01 at 10.49.14 AM.png


Screen Shot 2016-09-01 at 10.48.12 AM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The four most dangerous words in investing are: 'this time it's different." - Sir John Templeton

User avatar
SHARK
Savant
Savant
Posts: 15871
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:03 pm
Location: Abu Dhabi
Flag: Sri Lanka
Contact:

Re: SIRA Community

Postby SHARK » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:56 pm

Let me check the EV, as you know we made a BUY above 3.50 :D
Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.”

User avatar
SHARK
Savant
Savant
Posts: 15871
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:03 pm
Location: Abu Dhabi
Flag: Sri Lanka
Contact:

Re: SIRA Community

Postby SHARK » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:11 pm

SIRA (Sierra Cables PLC)

EV (30.06.2016)
Market Capitalisation = 1,612,537,344
Total Debt = 1,238,381,269
Minority Interest = 4,178,679
Cash & Cash Equivalents = 112,853,797
Enterprise Value = 2,742,243,495
EBITDA = 128,959,101
EV Ratio = 21.26

PE Ratio (30.06.2016)
Closing Price = 3.00
Annualised EPS = 0.52
PER = 5.77
Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.”

User avatar
GroundedKestrel
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:40 pm
Flag: Sri Lanka

Re: SIRA Community

Postby GroundedKestrel » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:47 pm

Thanks SHARK. Hmmm I didn't know much about this at all so I did a little bit of research.

So SIRA is more valuable than the Market Capitalisation right? Also does the E.V Ratio of 21.26 mean that it will take that many amount of years of earning to buy out SIRA?
"The four most dangerous words in investing are: 'this time it's different." - Sir John Templeton

User avatar
SHARK
Savant
Savant
Posts: 15871
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:03 pm
Location: Abu Dhabi
Flag: Sri Lanka
Contact:

Re: SIRA Community

Postby SHARK » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:54 pm

GroundedKestrel wrote:Thanks SHARK. Hmmm I didn't know much about this at all so I did a little bit of research.

So SIRA is more valuable than the Market Capitalisation right? Also does the E.V Ratio of 21.26 mean that it will take that many amount of years of earning to buy out SIRA?


Sorry GK, my mistake on the calculation. Although i had the right numbers on SIRA in the EV thread. But forgot to update it here. ~x( let me copy it here.
Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.”

User avatar
SHARK
Savant
Savant
Posts: 15871
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:03 pm
Location: Abu Dhabi
Flag: Sri Lanka
Contact:

Re: SIRA Community

Postby SHARK » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:58 pm

SIRA (Sierra Cables PLC)

EV (30.06.2016)
Market Capitalisation = 1,612,537,344
Total Debt = 1,238,381,269
Minority Interest = 4,178,679
Cash & Cash Equivalents = 112,853,797
Enterprise Value = 2,742,243,495
Annualised EBITDA = 515,836,404
EV Ratio = 5.31

PE Ratio (30.06.2016)
Closing Price = 3.00
Annualised EPS = 0.52
PER = 5.77
Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.”

User avatar
SHARK
Savant
Savant
Posts: 15871
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:03 pm
Location: Abu Dhabi
Flag: Sri Lanka
Contact:

Re: SIRA Community

Postby SHARK » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:00 pm

The mistake on the earlier calculation was on EBITDA which was not annualised :)
Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.”


Return to “Communities”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests