ASI - coming week

User avatar
sashimaal
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3372
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:17 am
Flag: Sri Lanka

Re: ASI - coming week

Postby sashimaal » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:04 pm

The ones I mentioned will need time to get to their earlier levels. Jkh and COMB will get going soon...

Wanted to point out ASI 6450 now is more than what the number indicates compared to the past due to the negative hit the big boys coming down had made
"Knowledge is being aware of what you can do. Wisdom is knowing when not to do it" - Brian Tracy

User avatar
Blue Whale
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst
Posts: 8692
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:14 am
Location: Asia
Flag: Sri Lanka

Re: ASI - coming week

Postby Blue Whale » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:20 pm

Nestle fell to 1700+ from 2000 level. Think that is the biggest hit.
Value Invest Profit

User avatar
sashimaal
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3372
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:17 am
Flag: Sri Lanka

Re: ASI - coming week

Postby sashimaal » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:22 pm

Also the index heavy Banking and financial sector is in deep slumber. It needs to wake up...
"Knowledge is being aware of what you can do. Wisdom is knowing when not to do it" - Brian Tracy

User avatar
SHARK
Savant
Savant
Posts: 15561
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:03 pm
Location: Abu Dhabi
Flag: Sri Lanka
Contact:

Re: ASI - coming week

Postby SHARK » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:46 pm

SEYBX/N comes into mind ..... which saw some activity.
Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.”

User avatar
sashimaal
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3372
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:17 am
Flag: Sri Lanka

Re: ASI - coming week

Postby sashimaal » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:20 pm

Few selected shares have moved. Ex: LOLC, CRL, etc

But general situation is a collection for the future

SHARK wrote:SEYBX/N comes into mind ..... which saw some activity.
"Knowledge is being aware of what you can do. Wisdom is knowing when not to do it" - Brian Tracy

User avatar
Blue Whale
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst
Posts: 8692
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:14 am
Location: Asia
Flag: Sri Lanka

Re: ASI - coming week

Postby Blue Whale » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:25 pm

Don't forget Sampath which is now trading at the highest level for 2017. Commercial Bank came back to 140 after the rights. HNB already registered YTD gains . These are already on the money.
Value Invest Profit

User avatar
sashimaal
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3372
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:17 am
Flag: Sri Lanka

Re: ASI - coming week

Postby sashimaal » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:57 pm

Correct , Sampath was an exception where it was pushed amidst collection.

HNB , COMB - collected more than moved. These will be stars when the run proper happens...around next year ;)

Blue Whale wrote:Don't forget Sampath which is now trading at the highest level for 2017. Commercial Bank came back to 140 after the rights. HNB already registered YTD gains . These are already on the money.
"Knowledge is being aware of what you can do. Wisdom is knowing when not to do it" - Brian Tracy

User avatar
Blue Whale
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst
Posts: 8692
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:14 am
Location: Asia
Flag: Sri Lanka

Re: ASI - coming week

Postby Blue Whale » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:50 am

I think 4q of 2017 should be more interesting
Value Invest Profit

User avatar
Contra
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst
Posts: 2651
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:54 am
Flag: Poland

Re: ASI - coming week

Postby Contra » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:29 am

Blue Whale wrote:I think 4q of 2017 should be more interesting


Yes it is going to be very interesting. One by one investor interest should turn towards next set of stocks. I have no idea where they (those who made profits by selling stocks such as plantations, HHL, Tokyo and selected banking and insurance stocks) going to invest next. Next week is also going to be very interesting week and very crucial for the market.
Company, stock market, politics and the economy are four different things.

User avatar
Contra
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst
Posts: 2651
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:54 am
Flag: Poland

Re: ASI - coming week

Postby Contra » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:43 am

http://www.island.lk/index.php?page_cat ... tle=172925

All Share Price Index clears 6,500 as shares surge
Company, stock market, politics and the economy are four different things.

StockFlashSL
Technical Analyst
Technical Analyst
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 2:31 pm
Flag: Sri Lanka

Re: ASI - coming week

Postby StockFlashSL » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:07 pm

Contra wrote:
Blue Whale wrote:I think 4q of 2017 should be more interesting


Yes it is going to be very interesting. One by one investor interest should turn towards next set of stocks. I have no idea where they (those who made profits by selling stocks such as plantations, HHL, Tokyo and selected banking and insurance stocks) going to invest next. Next week is also going to be very interesting week and very crucial for the market.


There is a possibility that they are reinvesting in the plantation sector it self.

PAT
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6816
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:40 pm
Flag: Australia

Re: ASI - coming week

Postby PAT » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:18 pm

StockFlashSL wrote:
Contra wrote:
Blue Whale wrote:I think 4q of 2017 should be more interesting


Yes it is going to be very interesting. One by one investor interest should turn towards next set of stocks. I have no idea where they (those who made profits by selling stocks such as plantations, HHL, Tokyo and selected banking and insurance stocks) going to invest next. Next week is also going to be very interesting week and very crucial for the market.


There is a possibility that they are reinvesting in the plantation sector it self.


Possible with the exception of super results for many plantation companies + high TEA prices in world market
Live Today........
Without compromising your ability to Live Tomorrow……… :)

StockFlashSL
Technical Analyst
Technical Analyst
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 2:31 pm
Flag: Sri Lanka

Re: ASI - coming week

Postby StockFlashSL » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:35 pm

PAT wrote:
StockFlashSL wrote:
Contra wrote:
Blue Whale wrote:I think 4q of 2017 should be more interesting


Yes it is going to be very interesting. One by one investor interest should turn towards next set of stocks. I have no idea where they (those who made profits by selling stocks such as plantations, HHL, Tokyo and selected banking and insurance stocks) going to invest next. Next week is also going to be very interesting week and very crucial for the market.


There is a possibility that they are reinvesting in the plantation sector it self.


Possible with the exception of super results for many plantation companies + high TEA prices in world market


Possible with the 'expectation'

I think that's what you were trying to say PAT

PAT
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6816
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:40 pm
Flag: Australia

Re: ASI - coming week

Postby PAT » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:38 pm

Yes SFSL
Live Today........
Without compromising your ability to Live Tomorrow……… :)

User avatar
topcat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2782
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:50 pm
Flag: Sri Lanka

Re: ASI - coming week

Postby topcat » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:11 pm

Expect another week dominated by tea ... :D
"Keep winners, Sell loosers"

PAT
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6816
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:40 pm
Flag: Australia

Re: ASI - coming week

Postby PAT » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:08 am

topcat wrote:Expect another week dominated by tea ... :D



... :x
Live Today........
Without compromising your ability to Live Tomorrow……… :)

User avatar
Contra
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst
Posts: 2651
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:54 am
Flag: Poland

Re: ASI - coming week

Postby Contra » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:35 am

Market tested 6600 barrier again. If it break 6700 and 6800 strongly at least this time there is much chance of breaking 7000. Once bull set there will more opportunities. Until then it is wise to stay with companies that we can understand well. Are you expecting pullback once market reach 6700 this time as well? Thanks.
Company, stock market, politics and the economy are four different things.

User avatar
voight
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 836
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:08 pm
Flag: Sri Lanka

Re: ASI - coming week

Postby voight » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:40 am

if JKH moves again towards 190 then lot of things will be possible
No tree grows to the sky :-?

User avatar
Contra
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst
Posts: 2651
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:54 am
Flag: Poland

Re: ASI - coming week

Postby Contra » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:13 am

voight wrote:if JKH moves again towards 190 then lot of things will be possible


Lot of stocks specially very attractive ones are due for their major rally. It is time to look for and study next lots which can have break outs, strong momentum or great investment opportunities. In other words it is ideal time to prepare for 2018.
Company, stock market, politics and the economy are four different things.

User avatar
DXB
ASI Winner Season 1
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:06 am
Location: Dubai
Flag: United Arab Emirates

Re: ASI - coming week

Postby DXB » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:32 am

Just Crossed...........ASI : 6601.71 42.10 0.64%................. :) :) :)
:)

User avatar
SHARK
Savant
Savant
Posts: 15561
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:03 pm
Location: Abu Dhabi
Flag: Sri Lanka
Contact:

Re: ASI - coming week

Postby SHARK » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:43 pm

Healthy GAINS today... index is in GREEN with good turnover backing as well.
is the run slowly moving towards the banking sector.
wise retailers will shift gradually.

so we should by now have a firm footing in other sectors such as f&b, poultry, banking, power and energy, manufacturing and diversified etc.

sector rallies will dominate from time to time
Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.”

User avatar
SHARK
Savant
Savant
Posts: 15561
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:03 pm
Location: Abu Dhabi
Flag: Sri Lanka
Contact:

Re: ASI - coming week

Postby SHARK » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:47 pm

Is the sentiments improving compares to 1 year back.
retail activity picked up for sure with the plantation rally.
can this be a contagious shift to other sectors as well, as we seen today.

there will be penny stock moments .....
ensure you keep tight stop loss and small targets.
dont be too greedy.
very important is timing such moments and not waste time too long to close.
it is all about perfect brewing your trade as you brew your daily cup of tea.

95% of your portfolio should contain fundamental, momentum stocks... cos we dont wont to bog down on the liquidity concerns.

so select fundamentally strong shares to sit in your portfolio with decent dividend yield.

and lower exposure to debt to equity.

growth factor is very important.... so select companies about to venture out to different business models as there can be sudden interest on the such news.... and what it would result to its existing earning potential.

keep it simple with 10-15 shares or a max of 20 covering variety of sectors, that would definitely pay you handsomely in sector rallies.
Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.”

PAT
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6816
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:40 pm
Flag: Australia

Re: ASI - coming week

Postby PAT » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:29 pm

Well said Shark
Live Today........
Without compromising your ability to Live Tomorrow……… :)

User avatar
voight
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 836
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:08 pm
Flag: Sri Lanka

Re: ASI - coming week

Postby voight » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:42 pm

timely words from Shark important line being "dont be too greedy."
No tree grows to the sky :-?

User avatar
sashimaal
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3372
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:17 am
Flag: Sri Lanka

Re: ASI - coming week

Postby sashimaal » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:08 pm

SAMP : 12m FD rate reduced by 100 bps to 11.0% w.e.f. 11.10.17

- SAMP previously had the highest 12m FD rate among the major banks at 12.0%

- Main state banks BoC, NSB and PB all also offer 11.0% for 12m FDs


* All above are quoted (at maturity p.a.) rates from respective websites, without any negotiations based on FD values and/or relationships; most financial institutions pay premiums for senior citizens' FDs
"Knowledge is being aware of what you can do. Wisdom is knowing when not to do it" - Brian Tracy


Return to “Communities”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lukedesilva, nuwandwo and 6 guests