Re: ASI - coming week

Postby newer1 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:36 pm

Sorry. It is in the hourly chart, not on the daily chart
BE A FRIEND OF TREND

Hot Dog
Flag: Sri Lanka

Postby Hot Dog » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:41 pm

Asi came down below 6250. Heading towards 6000 or even below that.

newer1
Technical Analyst
Technical Analyst

Postby newer1 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:02 pm

Hot Dog wrote:Asi came down below 6250. Heading towards 6000 or even below that.

Yep
My prediction was wrong and ASI drastically going down and margin calls may be adding the fuel for flames
BE A FRIEND OF TREND

prasa2004
Flag: Singapore

Postby prasa2004 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:13 pm

Very brutal drop like end of world. All world markets are Up and running after 2 day drop, These markets should be in RED for prolong time as trade wars are directly affecting them. CSE is just thrown to dogs. Wonder what foreign investors thinking of our market as they may have suffered huge. No institutional support and HNWI not entering are main cause. What a way to lose money|||

IOSirisena
Flag: Botswana

Postby IOSirisena » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:05 pm

prasa2004 wrote:Very brutal drop like end of world. All world markets are Up and running after 2 day drop, These markets should be in RED for prolong time as trade wars are directly affecting them. CSE is just thrown to dogs. Wonder what foreign investors thinking of our market as they may have suffered huge. No institutional support and HNWI not entering are main cause. What a way to lose money|||

I think we should not worry about the drop that we are experiencing due to geopolitical tense initiated by USA. The drop is brutal as you have said if the investors have not managed their investments prudentially under their control.For example, the margin has been used its maximum which triggers to abrupt sell. As I understand a part of the drop on CSE arises by phobia of average investors and a part of the drop is artificially created for getting the advantage of the opportunity may be politically motivated. EU and China have already placed their contingency plans to meet with the geopolitical tense and already absorbed negatives of them.

Since the corporate growth and economic growth of Sri Lanka which have now absorbed the current Sri Lankan political instability and Geo-political tense are at a satisfactory level. There are few invisible hands which take the opportunity to create more adverse situation for their political advantage. It is temporary and we small investors suffer from due to inadequacy of liquidity because of mismanagement of margin facility. We should avoid phobias that we would suffer by current situation. I believe If the investors have managed their liquidity, this is another opportunity for buying rather than selling. CSE will recover in a couple of months.

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:06 pm

we are now in for very long haul :D
Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.”

newer1
Technical Analyst
Technical Analyst

Postby newer1 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:15 pm

Yes shark
I was really expecting a bounce , but failled
So I am not sure from where does it take support and turn up???
BE A FRIEND OF TREND

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:38 pm

we have to forget of aspi ... and expect individual gains from time to time. so no hopes til 2020

stockback
Technical Analyst
Technical Analyst

Postby stockback » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:41 am

SHARK wrote:we have to forget of aspi ... and expect individual gains from time to time. so no hopes til 2020

I think you know result of 2020 election now. nearly 1 and half year waiting. within this period we can see market positive movements also.

both parties saying Wiyath maga and vision 2025 are equal. why we are struggle in the market. both are going same direction

prasa2004

Postby prasa2004 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:23 am

I also agree there will not be major policy shift as both camps are leaning towards China. Further i see some positives last few weeks like
1. Not much conflicts between MS and RW.
2. Pohottuwa also having internal issues.
3. CBSL managing debts well so far (lowering borrowing cost etc)
4. No major affect this Qtr from weather. Good rainfall so far
5. Conclusion of Port Payments
6. Financial city dev is at full swing
6. Importantly all major commodities SL import are dropping - Corn-Cotton-OIL-Metals

Drop so far i attributed to margin pressure due to drop in JKH-LLUB-COMB as many had their borrowing power eroded. If CSE can get some HNWI or Foreign Institution to step in in quick time will start go up again. Lets hope sooner some relief

ruwan999

Postby ruwan999 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:16 am

prasa2004 wrote:I also agree there will not be major policy shift as both camps are leaning towards China. Further i see some positives last few weeks like
6. Importantly all major commodities SL import are dropping - Corn-Cotton-OIL-Metals

Drop so far i attributed to margin pressure due to drop in JKH-LLUB-COMB as many had their borrowing power eroded. If CSE can get some HNWI or Foreign Institution to step in in quick time will start go up again. Lets hope sooner some relief

Hope this part is correct :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd
"With the important momentum oscillator being highly OVERSOLD, one can expect resumption in the rally of Index.
On downside 6200-6250 is expected to act as an important support from where Sri Lanka index is expected to bounce.
AS OF NOW WE DO NOT SEE ANY TECHNICAL EVIDENCE WHICH INDICATES A BEARISH TREND IN THE INDEX.Only a monthly close below 6200 will prove us wrong,this is a Classical BUY ON DIPS market."
http://ashaphillip.net/wp-content/uploa ... 18.pdf.pdf

Shadow walker
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Flag: Sweden

Postby Shadow walker » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:22 am

stockback wrote:
SHARK wrote:we have to forget of aspi ... and expect individual gains from time to time. so no hopes til 2020

I think you know result of 2020 election now. nearly 1 and half year waiting. within this period we can see market positive movements also.

both parties saying Wiyath maga and vision 2025 are equal. why we are struggle in the market. both are going same direction

Wiyath maga and vision 2025 can be equal but the difference is the people who implement it.. :-B

I think Shark can remember how we promote UNP government 2014 in SLEF using our accounts (Shark - SHARK aka TAH and me - Shadow walker).. I predicted ASI 9000 in two years and Shark predicted 10 000.. All the predictions went wrong.. දැන් ඒ පරන දේවල් දැක්කම හිතෙනව අපේ වල අපිම කපාගත්ත කියල... :(( :((
Successful Investing takes time, discipline and patience. No matter how great the talent or effort, some things just take time .. ;)

ruwan999

Postby ruwan999 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:10 am

Shadow walker wrote:
stockback wrote:

Wiyath maga and vision 2025 can be equal but the difference is the people who implement it.. :-B

I think Shark can remember how we promote UNP government 2014 in SLEF using our accounts (Shark - SHARK aka TAH and me - Shadow walker).. I predicted ASI 9000 in two years and Shark predicted 10 000.. All the predictions went wrong.. දැන් ඒ පරන දේවල් දැක්කම හිතෙනව අපේ වල අපිම කපාගත්ත කියල... :(( :((

Please mind the language :-w
This goes for Sri lanka too :-bd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-14SllPPLxY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07w9K2XR3f0

ruwan999

Postby ruwan999 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:20 pm

ruwan999 wrote:
prasa2004 wrote:I also agree there will not be major policy shift as both camps are leaning towards China. Further i see some positives last few weeks like

Hope this part is correct :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd
"With the important momentum oscillator being highly OVERSOLD, one can expect resumption in the rally of Index.
On downside 6200-6250 is expected to act as an important support from where Sri Lanka index is expected to bounce.
AS OF NOW WE DO NOT SEE ANY TECHNICAL EVIDENCE WHICH INDICATES A BEARISH TREND IN THE INDEX.Only a monthly close below 6200 will prove us wrong,this is a Classical BUY ON DIPS market."
http://ashaphillip.net/wp-content/uploa ... 18.pdf.pdf

6200 it is *-:) *-:) *-:) *-:) *-:) *-:) :-bd

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:30 pm

it is time to identify gems in this bad situation we are in.

prasa2004

Postby prasa2004 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:55 pm

Investors are getting mascaraed. Tec are disregarded as we are in continuous losing streak (except for 1 day). I am lost to understand is our economy + fundamentals in such a bad shape like Greece? seems no one to rescue us.

lukedesilva

Postby lukedesilva » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:01 pm

See it as an opportunity !

ruwan999

Postby ruwan999 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:41 pm

lukedesilva wrote:See it as an opportunity !

Good one luke :-bd
This is the time to check your capacity to hold pressure and make profit out of lost.These few days due to margin traders panic selling ASI might fall further, But hopefully it will bounce back starting July :)

christ

Postby christ » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:04 pm

prasa2004 wrote:Investors are getting mascaraed. Tec are disregarded as we are in continuous losing streak (except for 1 day). I am lost to understand is our economy + fundamentals in such a bad shape like Greece? seems no one to rescue us.

No one can rescue you but you can rescue yourself. this is another great opportunity created by Mr.CSE. Consider about bargain counters at this movement you can get very easily more than 50% profit with in few month. B-)

ruwan999

Postby ruwan999 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:19 pm

christ wrote:
prasa2004 wrote:Investors are getting mascaraed. Tec are disregarded as we are in continuous losing streak (except for 1 day). I am lost to understand is our economy + fundamentals in such a bad shape like Greece? seems no one to rescue us.

No one can rescue you but you can rescue yourself. this is another great opportunity created by Mr.CSE. Consider about bargain counters at this movement you can get very easily more than 50% profit with in few month. B-)

No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path- Buddha
We are selecting shares and investing our own will,no one can and no one may save you.we ourselves must pick the right shares and make profit :-bd

senarath67 +

Postby senarath67 + » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:16 pm

stockback, Do you still maintain that ASI might strongly bounce back at 6125? Tks!

stockback
Technical Analyst
Technical Analyst

Postby stockback » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:57 am

yes. bounce back range is 6100-6125 (Cooperate Earnings are very strong) 29% improvement.

USD can be settle down around 160 level.

all data getting improvment ..

senarath67 +

Postby senarath67 + » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:49 am

Thank you very much,stockback.

lukedesilva

Postby lukedesilva » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:58 pm

Gem mining on .

Return to “Communities”