Investor from 1985
Flag: Great Britain

Re: BFN Community

Postby Investor from 1985 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:41 pm

Blue Whale wrote:
Blue Whale wrote:
Blue Whale wrote:A summarised financial analysis for whom interesting of BFN
Orient Finance Financial Analysis.jpg
It shows a good revenue growth over the years and expecting 3.3Bn for the year ending 2016/17. Also profitability is expected to be moderately higher compared to the last year's normalized PAT.

The merger with Bartleet Finance has made Orient Finance a strong second tier Finance company. Their loan book growth was really interesting with a growth of over 16% after the merger. By looking at the expected equity I think the requirement for a rights issue too not so near.

In terms of valuation following summery can be made available.
Based on industry PE the price will be 13.7 (based on 2016/17 earnings)
based on industry PBV the price will be 19.0 (based on 2016/17 estimated NAV)

The average price turn out to be 16.4 and the current price of Rs11.3 seems to be a at a discount of 30% from the real value. Therefore this share has further potential to go up in the short term. Also sometimes we could expect a dividend too.

Posted 6 months ago when trading @ 11.3. Now the stock is proving the value of this analysis. Closing in to the fair value. Especially I did this for GB and hopefully GB is pumped up now.

Targets set six months ago achieved today finally. :-bd

Yes BW as usual your target achieved ^:)^ ( we achieved our financial targets, Thanks again BW)
If you can stay positive in a negative situation you WIN. $-)

SHARK
Savant
Savant
Flag: Sri Lanka

Postby SHARK » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:52 pm

targets achieved all are happy ;)
Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.”

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:06 pm

SHARK wrote:
sashimaal wrote:Yes this is a super LT share.

But there is a big seller at the moment as well.

This was posted a year ago..... the big sellers were Dunamis & FC who sold to the market without finding a strategic investor.

If this cleared, BFN should move now above 16Rs.

The uptrend was halted back then due to top sellers.

need to find who the buyer :-?

so it went above 16 \m/

Investor from 1985

Postby Investor from 1985 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:21 pm

SHARK wrote:
SHARK wrote:
sashimaal wrote:Yes this is a super LT share.

But there is a big seller at the moment as well.

This was posted a year ago..... the big sellers were Dunamis & FC who sold to the market without finding a strategic investor.

If this cleared, BFN should move now above 16Rs.

The uptrend was halted back then due to top sellers.

need to find who the buyer :-?

so it went above 16 \m/

They dumped when our backyards were empty ..... :)

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:40 am

weekly chart progressing well :)

18 crucial ..... if it breaks things will look very interesting.

those holding since 10rs need not worry

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:57 am

Take a bow 17 Rs. folks.

Investor from 1985

Postby Investor from 1985 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:18 am

SHARK wrote:Take a bow 17 Rs. folks.

:))

Asitha123

Postby Asitha123 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:40 pm

FInance Company making losses..Cant imagine how..
Specially with the backing of Janashakthi.
Pure manipulation by FC and CSEC..They made a rumour and dump their stuff to retailer's..Some experts here too did the same.
This is my personal view, I may be wrong, Please do not take my posts as buy or Sell Recommendations. Do your own analysis before following anyone's posts.

Asitha123

Postby Asitha123 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:47 pm

NII down from 9.00%, Lending Portfolio down from 1 Bn, Assets Down from 1 Bn. Impairment up.
But public deposits up.from 2 Bn.
Be careful guys..Think twice about your FD / Share Investment.
CBSL must take precautionary actions.
This is my personal view, I may be wrong, Please do not take my posts as buy or Sell Recommendations. Do your own analysis before following anyone's posts.

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:42 am

To carryout smear campaigns towards any expert member of TEC is not acceptable without justification.

All experts (Team) active in this forum or any other thread had given sufficient time on BFN when it was 10-11.50Rs before its recent run from 10Rs to 17Rs.

Thats closer to a 70% Capital Gain.

Whether the RUN was speculative or otherwise our members would have gained handsomely. I would take 25% or 50% on any given day in this kind of market.

I standby on our experts (Team) comments/contributions in any of the threads.

Asitha - if you have concerns regarding the forum, there are better-ways to tackle the issue. You may use the private messaging to any Team member. And sort it out.

We take your 2nd post seriously regarding performance of BFN. I am sure many members too will give serious thought about it going forward.

You are free to comment on performance of any share price versus quarterly performance based on your understanding.

Kindly note any member or expert is free to buy and sell same way as you do.

topcat

Postby topcat » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:50 am

well said shark \m/
"Keep winners, Sell loosers"

Cseinvester

Postby Cseinvester » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:06 am

Admin must take action for the man asitha

sashimaal

Postby sashimaal » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:39 am

Asitha,

If you think a share is promoted unethically, you need to mention at that time. Not after results are seen.

BFN went up not because of performance. Anyone can see that from past results.

Both Asitha and Cseinvester - Both of you are under the Moderators' strict radar and we have got many complaints from Forum Members about your behaviour. We have sufficient experience to know what games are played and we will not hesitate in taking immediate action if needed.
"Knowledge is being aware of what you can do. Wisdom is knowing when not to do it" - Brian Tracy

Asitha123

Postby Asitha123 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:42 am

Cseinvester wrote:Admin must take action for the man asitha

:-o
For what ?

Asitha123

Postby Asitha123 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:47 am

sashimaal wrote:Asitha,

If you think a share is promoted unethically, you need to mention at that time. Not after results are seen.

Both Asitha and Cseinvester - Both of you are under the Moderators' strict radar and we have got many complaints from Forum Members about your behaviour. We have sufficient experience to know what games are played and we will not hesitate in taking immediate action if needed.

Now whats wrong ? I didn't promote BFN, Just published my view about the Poor Performances and the rumor that was spread.
Finally im the culprit..ha.
Totally disagree, unfair.

matrix

Postby matrix » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:51 am

Asitha123 wrote:Some experts here too did the same.

Asitha this phrase is the problem. It's unethical comment . Then why didn't you say this at that time, if they r doing such a thing.
Stuck in a generation where LOYALTY is just a tatoo, LOVE is just a quote & lying is the new TRUTH

sashimaal

Postby sashimaal » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:55 am

If any expert promoted unethically, you need to tell that them at those times.

WIth regards to the warning for both of you -it is because of the promotions and demotions of shares which we have indicated at those places at those times (ex: CFVF, TPL, BALA)

Asitha123 wrote:

Now whats wrong ? I didn't promote BFN, Just published my view about the Poor Performances and the rumor that was spread.
"Knowledge is being aware of what you can do. Wisdom is knowing when not to do it" - Brian Tracy

Asitha123

Postby Asitha123 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:00 pm

sashimaal wrote:If any expert promoted unethically, you need to tell that them at those times.

WIth regards to the warning for both of you -it is because of the promotions and demotions of shares which we have indicated at those places at those times (ex: CFVF, TPL, BALA)

Asitha123 wrote:

Do not compare myself with cseinvestor. Please. And I didnt mention anything about BALA.

Asitha123

Postby Asitha123 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:06 pm

SHARK wrote:To carryout smear campaigns towards any expert member of TEC is not acceptable without justification.

All experts (Team) active in this forum or any other thread had given sufficient time on BFN when it was 10-11.50Rs before its recent run from 10Rs to 17Rs.

Thats closer to a 70% Capital Gain.

Whether the RUN was speculative or otherwise our members would have gained handsomely. I would take 25% or 50% on any given day in this kind of market.

I standby on our experts (Team) comments/contributions in any of the threads.

Asitha - if you have concerns regarding the forum, there are better-ways to tackle the issue. You may use the private messaging to any Team member. And sort it out.

We take your 2nd post seriously regarding performance of BFN. I am sure many members too will give serious thought about it going forward.

You are free to comment on performance of any share price versus quarterly performance based on your understanding.

Kindly note any member or expert is free to buy and sell same way as you do.

Sure, And kindly note that any new comer must also have that same right to explain their views on performances.
These rules must be applicable for all members, Not for few members.

Asitha123

Postby Asitha123 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:17 pm

matrix wrote:
Asitha123 wrote:Some experts here too did the same.

Asitha this phrase is the problem. It's unethical comment . Then why didn't you say this at that time, if they r doing such a thing.

Just see my posts on TPL and CFVF and some members feedback's, If i said on that time somebody would have come and told im Demoting BFN..I must be banned from this forum.

NC+

Postby NC+ » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:35 pm

sashimaal wrote:If any expert promoted unethically, you need to tell that them at those times.

Yes, If any expert or any member promote or demote or unethical behavior/comment, shall be PM to Admins/Moderators or use Report button. Admins/Moderators are always watchful on forum activities, but its also a duty of all members to report such according to their understanding, for the betterment of the forum. However, it shall be done at that particular time as Sashi mentioned.

Latter, pointing the finger at members or experts is not ethical and cannot be tolerated, since any member, investor or trader have to take their own trading decisions at their own risk, based on their own analysis or own understandings. Everyone knows stock trading is moderate risk involving work.

For further understating of our forum rules and policies;
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=4add50c8 ... tCA_MOJYcc

By rules and policies we are NOT try to discourage our valuable experts/members comments and works by any means. Its to counteract on unethical actions. As TEC Team we always like all members to involve in discussion works according to their knowledge. That’s our expectation.
Hope all will kindly understand it.
Thanks
:)
"Letting your emotions over-ride your plan or system is the biggest cause of failure."

PAT
Flag: Australia

Postby PAT » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:55 pm

Well said Shark, Sashi , NC ...
Live Today........
Without compromising your ability to Live Tomorrow……… :)

stocks hunter
Co - Admin
Co - Admin

Postby stocks hunter » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:19 pm

Best is not to blame anybody for share transactions. We here just share our experiences/knowledge/known facts about shares. We talked about their technical positions/fundamentals values.

But a share to go up it is a must that particular company should report good performances. But don't expect QoQ growth from each & every company. That is an childish act. In every company there are growth cycles. Sometimes they perform well & some times they may have issues,but what is important is the overall growth of a company over a period of time.

TJL never reported QoQ growth continuously during it's journey to Rs40s from Rs7.0 levels is a very good example.

When BALA reported QoQ profit drop price came down to Rs25 levels from Rs36 levels. When LDEV reported QoQ profit drop price went up from Rs12.50 to Rs13.20.

When MAL reported QoQ profit up price came down to Rs10.90 from high as Rs12.20 levels.

By looking at 1 Q report no body can judge a future of a company specially when that company is under a good management & under a very good/promising sector.People who talk about positives of a company may get screwed if a company reported negative profits. But that is the nature of this game.

No body should blame in this game except for the person who buy & sell shares. We here never buy shares on behalf of members & never sell their shares. It is them who take that decision & for that we should not blame others.

Nobody in TEC have advice people to buy shares on rumors. In BFN thread I have very clearly mentioned it. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2710&start=325#p60048

So it is clearly up to the individuals to take the comments here wisely. People can discuss & comment any thing relating to share trading here under TEC guidelines with the backing for it.

There are enough educational comments in TEC. Yes we have loads of good educational posts here,even nobody can find these amount of good stuff in any one place in sri lanka. Go to CSE site & go to your brokers sites. Nothing to develop or we have least for our developments in those places.

Hence we all should get together & protect this place. We need the participation from all the members.Don't wait or don't get others comments only. Every body should participate for this. If not when things go wrong people tend to blame others. Discuss your ideas openly then & their.

I personally don't like to see blaming each other here.

If by chance BFN has reported good profits for SEP Q things would have completely difference by now....

Investor from 1985

Postby Investor from 1985 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:28 pm

Nice one SH appreciate your words. also agree with Shark & NC, like shark said , there are better-ways to tackle the issue,.....also like SH said,I too personally don't like to see blaming each other here. Its not worth and waste of time.

Instead, I would like to suggest to Admin & Moderators, lets open up new thread where members to discuss about promoting/demoting issues.

Good luck guys...

Lasa

Postby Lasa » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:55 pm

Agree with Invester’s suggetion. Like we follow experts advice always, sometimes promote / demote also could help in either ways. Sometimes bad news could be good news.
But no one should hold TEC as responsible for
for their individual decision take on buy and sell stocks.

Whatever said and done we have to agree with CI’s earlier comments about BALA. Actually speaking the time where that news came we everyone was blind. We didn’t believe it and we were hate to listen to it. Eveantualy it has happened despite we have seen good results end of the day. Was that happened coz of CI’s comments? I don’t think so.

Even Asitha’s comments also on some share cannot be neglected. Anyway, there are many kind of talent members gather around this forum and we never no what their predictions and what they gather from around the people in their societies . Yes, Some might like for trading some might like for investing and if everyone given a chance for them to express their views it is good. Appreciate admin’s decision on above request. However I still respect the TEC guide lines and this is a kind of request only.

Return to “Communities”