DIPD Community

SHARK
Savant
Savant
Flag: Sri Lanka

Re: DIPD Community

Postby SHARK » Wed May 17, 2017 9:14 pm

D/E rose from 53% to 56% a year earlier.
but profits far exceeded YoY.... thats the main thing.

can share price nudge towards its NAV. That the bare minimum one could expect....
Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.”

Blue Whale
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst

Postby Blue Whale » Wed May 17, 2017 10:55 pm

It came down from 150 to 70s due to reduction in profits. So when the same thing is revised .......................
Value Invest Profit

PAT
Flag: Australia

Postby PAT » Thu May 18, 2017 9:35 pm

Sri Lanka’s Dipped Products March quarter net up 145-pct

ECONOMYNEXT – Sri Lanka’s non-medical rubber gloves maker Dipped Products said group net profit rose 145% to Rs668 million in the March 2017 quarter from a year ago with earnings growing in both its glove manufacturing and plantations businesses.

Sales of the firm, part of the Hayleys group, rose 11% to Rs6.6 billion over the period.

Earnings per share for the March quarter rose to Rs11.16 from Rs4.56 the previous year. The company’s share was last trading at Rs95.

EPS for the financial year ending 31 March 2017 rose to Rs12.58 with net profit up 116% to Rs753 million and sales up 11% to Rs24.3 billion from the year before.

Dipped Products had returned to profit in the December 2016 quarter with earnings of Rs107 million compared with a loss of Rs79 million the year before.
Live Today........
Without compromising your ability to Live Tomorrow……… :)

PAT

Postby PAT » Thu May 18, 2017 9:36 pm

SHARK wrote:Dont discount DIPD .......

75RS a good price....

Rubber Prices improving.
GSP+ prospects

Shall we draw up SWOT analysis...

\m/
Live Today........

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Thu May 18, 2017 9:45 pm

viewtopic.php?p=38082#p38082

Thanks PAT
dipd.png
:ymdaydream:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Blue Whale
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst

Postby Blue Whale » Thu May 18, 2017 10:37 pm

Blue Whale wrote:It came down from 150 to 70s due to reduction in profits. So when the same thing is revised .......................

It should back to 150 from 70 :)) :)) :))
Value Invest Profit

PAT

Postby PAT » Thu May 18, 2017 10:38 pm

Blue Whale wrote:
Blue Whale wrote:It came down from 150 to 70s due to reduction in profits. So when the same thing is revised .......................

It should back to 150 from 70 :)) :)) :))

If earning improve in the coming quarters too.....
Live Today........

Blue Whale
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst

Postby Blue Whale » Fri May 19, 2017 5:22 am

That will be a clear thing going forward.
Value Invest Profit

PAT

Postby PAT » Fri May 19, 2017 3:26 pm

Today recorded new 52 weeks high.....

Rs 102/=......
Live Today........

Blue Whale
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst

Postby Blue Whale » Fri May 19, 2017 3:33 pm

All the way back to where it was before in 2015.
Value Invest Profit

Hawk Eye
Research Analyst
Research Analyst

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

Postby Hawk Eye » Tue May 30, 2017 10:28 pm

How about this Company performance?

What can DIPD deliver us in coming Qtrs?

Hawk Eye
Research Analyst
Research Analyst

Re: DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

Postby Hawk Eye » Tue May 30, 2017 10:30 pm

I am not sure whether I have created the new topic according to the rules and regulations here..I couldnt find any topic for this..So please put the topic under the right segment..and advise how to do it in future..before i write a lengthy post about DIPD

Blue Whale
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst

Postby Blue Whale » Tue May 30, 2017 10:32 pm

HE can write your article here.
Value Invest Profit

Hawk Eye
Research Analyst
Research Analyst

Postby Hawk Eye » Tue May 30, 2017 10:34 pm

Blue Whale wrote:HE can write your article here.

Thx :)

Value
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst

Postby Value » Tue May 30, 2017 10:34 pm

Awaiting your analysis Hawk Eye! :-)

Xmart
Technical Analyst
Technical Analyst

Postby Xmart » Wed May 31, 2017 12:07 am

DIPD Vs. REXP!

i did some comparison at IS forum. as REXP did well under low commodity price, when cycle rotate DIPD will do the miracle.
Feed The Bull.. Hunt The Bear..

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Wed May 31, 2017 5:35 am

Dear X
please share your comparison on DIP and REXP
Thanks

Blue Whale
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst

Postby Blue Whale » Wed May 31, 2017 5:39 am

Thought HE has already written :)
Value Invest Profit

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Wed May 31, 2017 6:01 am

Go ahead Hawk Eye.....
Waiting for your report :)

NC+

Postby NC+ » Wed May 31, 2017 7:17 am

Hawk Eye wrote:I am not sure whether I have created the new topic according to the rules and regulations here..I couldnt find any topic for this..So please put the topic under the right segment..and advise how to do it in future..before i write a lengthy post about DIPD

SHARK wrote:Go ahead Hawk Eye.....

Topic can be merged under "DIPD Community" (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=282&start=100) if you wish....?
"Letting your emotions over-ride your plan or system is the biggest cause of failure."

Hawk Eye
Research Analyst
Research Analyst

Postby Hawk Eye » Wed May 31, 2017 8:31 am

NC+ wrote:
Hawk Eye wrote:I am not sure whether I have created the new topic according to the rules and regulations here..I couldnt find any topic for this..So please put the topic under the right segment..and advise how to do it in future..before i write a lengthy post about DIPD

Topic can be merged under "DIPD Community" (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=282&start=100) if you wish....?

Yes Pls

NC+

Postby NC+ » Wed May 31, 2017 8:48 am

Hawk Eye wrote:
NC+ wrote:

Yes Pls

Topics merged..
:)
"Letting your emotions over-ride your plan or system is the biggest cause of failure."

Hawk Eye
Research Analyst
Research Analyst

Postby Hawk Eye » Wed May 31, 2017 11:16 am

The global rubber gloves market faces limited competition with small number of producers. The industry leaders dominate the rubber gloves market through their economies of scale, wide distribution of networks and efficiency along with product modernism. Although the industry has maintained its growth momentum, the major bottlenecks includes under utilization resulting from overcapacity, hike in natural gas tariffs, entry barriers and sudden exchange rate fluctuations.

The factors driving growth of the market includes increasing incidences of pandemics and viral outbreaks, improving revenue from weakening of rupee, low raw material and manufacturing costs, growth of electronic manufacturing market, rising healthcare expenditure and ageing population. Some of the noteworthy trends and developments of this industry includes ongoing demand shift from latex to nitrile gloves, improving product mix of companies, rising demand from emerging economies, tightening of healthcare regulations and shifting bargaining power to customers.

Industrial Safety Gloves Market size was valued at USD 4.0 billion in 2015 and expected to reach USD 6.7 billion by 2023. Shift in focus towards growing worker safety across mining, construction, chemical and manufacturing sectors should drive global market growth. Statistically, wearing gloves reduces the relative risk of hand injury by about 60 percent, making it one of the most effective industrial injury prevention programs. Pharmaceutical labs, electronics clean rooms, automotive manufacturing, or food processing industries require protection designed to enhance safety, which cut the risk of product contamination along with improved performance. Of late, the industrial safety glove manufacturing industry is also keen to enhance the product comfort and customization options as these reduce wearer stress levels and help in making products more user-friendly.

Natural rubber industrial safety gloves market size was valued at over USD 1.6 billion in 2015. Natural rubber latex (NRL) products are widely used for protection from disinfectants and other related harmful chemical agents in healthcare environment.

In January rubber prices started climbing up as concerns rose about a supply shortage due to floods in Thailand. By March the prices started falling as the flood concerns eased. Again, I believe the floods in Thailand and Sri Lanka in May’2017 may raise concerns and hike the price. But won’t keep climbing
DIPD-Rubber price.PNG

http://www.indexmundi.com/commodities/? ... &months=12

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC
Dipped Products PLC (“DPL”) is a global leader in protective hand-wear, with over four decades of industry insights, strong innovative capabilities and a global reputation for quality and sustainable practices. .. serves around 5% of global demand for natural and synthetic latex based household and industrial gloves and products are sold in over 70 countries world-wide. The DPL Group also has interests in Sri Lanka’s plantation sector and produces 3.9% and 3.4% of the country’s total tea and rubber output through its holdings in two leading Regional Plantation Companies (RPCs)
The DPL Group comprises of several subsidiaries engaged in the two key business lines of hand protection and plantations. In hand protection, the parent entity together with seven subsidiaries including Dipped Products (Thailand) Ltd are involved in the manufacture of household, industrial and disposable latex gloves. ICOGUANTI S.p.A represents the hand protection division’s marketing arm based in Italy. In plantations, the Group holds controlling interests in Kelani Valley Plantations PLC (KVPL) and Talawakelle Tea Estates PLC (TTEL) which are involved in the cultivation and processing of tea and rubber.

Hand Protection – Some points to note from FR 2017
Volume Growth – Strategic drive
“..The segment’s overall volume growth was around 22%, upheld by our strategic drive to regain customer confidence. … Our astute decision to restructure our marketing model to facilitate a more regional focus has borne fruit and during the year we acquired 34 new customers who generated approximately Rs. 560 million in revenue. Europe continues to be our largest market and we were successful in achieving volume growth in this region although the sharp depreciation of the Sterling Pound..”
The recovery of the US and European markets are expected to sustain volume growth and strategic emphasis will be placed on maintaining our competitive edge through innovation and strong customer relationships

Factors affected margin
Profitability was however affected by the weaker than anticipated performance of the Thailand operation which experienced a sharp contraction in profitability margins due to the surge in latex prices, particularly in the 4th quarter. This impact was not as pronounced in our SriLankan operations, which benefit from strong supplier relationships and relatively longer stock holding periods. The performance of DPL Universal Gloves was also below par due to lower than anticipated capacity utilisation levels.
DIPD has already started achieving its volume growth through its strategic drive to restructure its marketing model, which in turn contribute to mitigate the main issue of underutilisation of capacities in certain plants. March 2017 quarterly statement reflects the fruitful results of the decisions made and all factors coming to together in a positive way- HE
key priorities for next year
“ ..Increasing capacity utilisation levels and driving profitability of both the Universal and Premier Gloves facilities are among our key priorities for next year and we hope to achieve this through new product development, cost efficiencies and continued customer engagement…”

Plantation – Some points to note from FR 2017
Sri Lanka’s plantation sector experienced a year of unprecedented challenges, affected by global, climatic and work-force related developments. Against this backdrop, the Group’s plantation sector subsidiaries, KVPL and TTEL outperformed its peers generating revenue and pre-tax profit of Rs. 1,087 million and Rs. 272 million respectively during the year under review.

WE HAVE TO SEE WHAT IMPACT THE CURRENT ADVERSE WEATHER AND FLOOD SITUATIONS GOING TO MAKE IN PLANTATION SECTOR

Financials – Quarterly
A clear Growth in Revenue
A clear growth in GP margin
A clear growth in PBT

DIPD.PNG

If we provide for tax and remove the actuarial gains, still DIPD can deliver an after-tax profit of 500mn-600mn per quarter, provided they keep on the volume, sales growth and keep on gaining the process efficiencies. Thta results in EPS range of 8.3-10.0 per quarter

It has a good value if it keeps performing like March 2017

Would like to have your inputs
HE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NC+

Postby NC+ » Wed May 31, 2017 11:24 am

Thanks HE...
:)

NC+

Postby NC+ » Wed May 31, 2017 11:42 am

@ HE, however, Company performance is not good in my view. Company might at a loss for last Q, if there was not enough profit from other income & fair valuation..
seems company recorded high profit by subsidiaries and other income for last Q.. correct me if I'm wrong.. :)

Return to “Communities”