KGAL Community

Contra
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst
Flag: Poland

Re: KGAL Community

Postby Contra » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:05 pm

We saw some good prices for commodity such as rubber, maize and soy bean in February 2017 in Sri-Lanka when compare with final quarter of 2016. However, from March onward Sri-Lankan commodity prices for rubber, maize and soy bean have dropped except Tea. Rubber, soy bean and maize price in Sri-Lanka were weak in April 2017 when compare with January, February and March 2017. According to reports, Tea prices were strong in May 2017 despite having some pull back.
Company, stock market, politics and the economy are four different things.

Blue Whale
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst
Flag: Sri Lanka

Postby Blue Whale » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:40 pm

Will KGAL come up with another lucrative dividend?
Value Invest Profit

PAT
Flag: Australia

Postby PAT » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:43 am

Blue Whale wrote:Will KGAL come up with another lucrative dividend?

possible as they usually pay good dividend.....

I expect Rs 3/4 as final divided.... :-w
Live Today........
Without compromising your ability to Live Tomorrow……… :)

Blue Whale
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst

Postby Blue Whale » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:15 am

What I am thinking of a lucrative dividend about 20-30 rupees :D
Value Invest Profit

NC+

Postby NC+ » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:18 am

Blue Whale wrote:What I am thinking of a lucrative dividend about 20-30 rupees :D

No way... ^#(^
"Letting your emotions over-ride your plan or system is the biggest cause of failure."

Blue Whale
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst

Postby Blue Whale » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:28 am

=)) :))
Value Invest Profit

PAT

Postby PAT » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:15 pm

Blue Whale wrote:=)) :))

are you dreaming ..... :ymdaydream:

similar to 2015 ,around Rs 45 dividend..... =))
Live Today........

NC+

Postby NC+ » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:34 pm

KGAL have two associates; Richard Pieris Natural Foams Ltd & Arpico insurance PLC which perform better despite company.
Here its Q results, recording avg 22% QoQ.
If company perform at break even associate can give around Rs. 3.5 EPS per quarter.. :-?
What do you guys think..?
Capture2.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Letting your emotions over-ride your plan or system is the biggest cause of failure."

ck+

Postby ck+ » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:08 pm

Blue Whale wrote:What I am thinking of a lucrative dividend about 20-30 rupees :D

Dear Blue Whale, let me ask you one thing directly. Is this a joke or are you serious? You have huge reputation among investors community. So you should be very careful when you say something. Otherwise some of your followers may lost in nowhere. I am also an admirer of you. So please dont misunderstand me.

future123

Postby future123 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:54 pm

Rubber prices are dropping sharply. Please take extra care.

Over 15% from from 03 April 2017 to 02 June 2017.

02 June 2017 - http://rubberboard.org.in/International ... itmonth=Go
03 April 2017 - http://rubberboard.org.in/International ... 2017&day=3

Blue Whale
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst

Postby Blue Whale » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:00 pm

ඉතා හොද අනතුරු ඇගවීමක් F123. මම කොහොමත් මේ දේවල් ගැන විමසිල්ලෙන් ඉන්නේ.. ;)
Value Invest Profit

PAT

Postby PAT » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:48 am

Kegalle reports favorable results despite weather challenges
Country’s largest rubber producer moves into oil palm
June 17, 2017, 6:59 pm

Kegalle Plantation PLC, a member of the Richard Peiris group and a Regional Plantation Company (RPC) priding itself of paying the highest ever dividend of Rs. 45 a share by an RPC in 2015, has despite weather challenges reported unusually good results for an RPC in the year ended March 31, 2017.

The company’s recently released annual report indicates that Kegalle, with a land base of around 10,000 ha. in the Kegalle, Kurunegala and Badulla districts under tea, rubber and coconut and now oil palm had grown turnover 18% to Rs. 2.29 billion and profit after tax by 114% to Rs. 217.26 million during the year under review.

Kegalle Chairman, Dr. Sena Yaddehige, has told shareholders in the report that "it is with great pride that I remind you that your company continued to be the largest natural rubber producer in Sri Lanka, a title we have successfully secured over past years."

The report also describes the extraordinary 45-rupee dividend as "incomparable – the highest ever dividend per share paid by a plantation company."

Yaddehige said that Kegalle, half of whose land is under rubber, produced 79.1 million kg. of rubber in the year under review, down 10.7% from a year earlier, to record its lowest production volume in 50 years.

"This was mainly due to the reduction of the extent under tapping and the number of tapping days in response to the lower prices mainly in the smallholder sector," he explained. (The company buys smallholder latex).

He said that the country’s rubber exports were down 55.8% to 16.2 million kg and the cost of production was up 5.9% to Rs. 180 per kg. in 2016. But Kegalle’s operations in the rubber industry had grown 12% in 2016/17 although national rubber production was the lowest reported in 50 years.

The company’s production of rubber has risen to 3.74 million kg. from 3.35 million kg. a year earlier, Yaddehige noted. The Net Sale Average price was up a marginal 1% to Rs. 276.34 per kg.

Kegalle runs 18 estates in the three districts in which it is present with half its land extent under rubber, 14% under tea, 5% under coconut and 10% under other crops.

Yaddehige said their investment in oil palm can be considered significant to achieve sustainable development from the shareholder perspective. They planned to allocate Rs. 400 million during the current financial year for field development with half these funds going to the rubber segment.

RPC Plantation Management Services (Pvt) Ltd. with 79.08% of Kegalle is the company’s controlling shareholder. Rs. 20 million had been paid during the year under review of settlement of the managing agent’s fee at 15% of the earnings of the company before interest (received or paid), corporate tax, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) to the controlling shareholder.

The directors of the company are Dr. Sena Yaddehige (Chairman), Sunil Poholiyadde, Prof. RCWMRA Nugawela, Dr. SSBDG Jayawardena and Shamindra Yaddehige.
http://island.lk/index.php?page_cat=art ... tle=166865
Live Today........

Blue Whale
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst

Postby Blue Whale » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:10 am

Thanks PAT. Adding oil palm is a good diversification strategy.
Value Invest Profit

newer1
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Postby newer1 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:11 am

Thanks PAT
BE A FRIEND OF TREND

Contra
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst
Flag: Poland

Postby Contra » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:09 pm

KGAL is a strong buy on weekly tech indicators any buy on daily moving averages but sell on daily tech indicators. It is a buy according to monthly moving averages and tech indicators.
Company, stock market, politics and the economy are four different things.

NC+

Postby NC+ » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:20 pm

Thanks PAT for de news... :)

Blue Whale
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst

Postby Blue Whale » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:15 pm

KGAL is the one of very few shares that didn't run even prior or after the results of Q1 2017 but instead it has started to come down. Don't know whether the share has disappointed the retail investors.
Value Invest Profit

PAT

Postby PAT » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:30 am

new 52 weeks high

Rs 73.90.....
Live Today........

Blue Whale
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst

Postby Blue Whale » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:53 pm

According to my research KGAL is converting their huge block of land from rubber to palm oil. That has resulted the removal of huge number of rubber trees and they are earning thumping income by selling that. Last quarter they have realized massive gains from that and it will continue on this quarter too. For earnings update refer the plantation sector thread.
Value Invest Profit

newer1
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Postby newer1 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:16 pm

Thanks blue whale. KOTA also has started to grow Palm oil neda?
BE A FRIEND OF TREND

GB
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Postby GB » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:36 pm

Blue Whale wrote:According to my research KGAL is converting their huge block of land from rubber to palm oil. That has resulted the removal of huge number of rubber trees and they are earning thumping income by selling that. Last quarter they have realized massive gains from that and it will continue on this quarter too. For earnings update refer the plantation sector thread.

This is common to all companies who rapidly moving to Oil Palm from Rubber.Specially WATA, ELPL, KGAL, HPL etc..

Government allowed to plant 20,000 Ha. palm oil in the year 2016 and most of the plantation companies capitalized this opportunities and moved to oil palm from Rubber. However disposable income of rubber tree also become low due to over supply and it is continuing.

aero

Postby aero » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:02 am

Blue Whale wrote:According to my research KGAL is converting their huge block of land from rubber to palm oil. That has resulted the removal of huge number of rubber trees and they are earning thumping income by selling that. Last quarter they have realized massive gains from that and it will continue on this quarter too. For earnings update refer the plantation sector thread.

agree with you BW..
KGAL is not only a plantation, its like a diversified holding company.
from my opinion, it will be the higher dividend yield CSE counter in future. lets see coming qtrs..
if I talk too mach, some people come and tell negativity all plantation sector. but I also negative opinion some of plantations like KOTA,AGAL.
they can't compare individual plantation counters which is made profit even worst period, which is well diversified, and which did higher investment for field development in past .

POSITIVE BUY
1)from my calculation NAMU,KGAL both are higher potential shares in future,according to the CMP they might be produce minimum 20% dividend yield in coming years.
2)another one is ELPL.

NEGATIVE SELL
1)do not buy KOTA and AGAL for investment purposes (I don't buy these shares even 50%CMP )
2) sell your KOTA and AGAL, if you have

Blue Whale
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst

Postby Blue Whale » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:50 am

aero wrote:

agree with you BW..
KGAL is not only a plantation, its like a diversified holding company.
from my opinion, it will be the higher dividend yield CSE counter in future. lets see coming qtrs..
if I talk too mach, some people come and tell negativity all plantation sector. but I also negative opinion some of plantations like KOTA,AGAL.
they can't compare individual plantation counters which is made profit even worst period, which is well diversified, and which did higher investment for field development in past .

POSITIVE BUY
1)from my calculation NAMU,KGAL both are higher potential shares in future,according to the CMP they might be produce minimum 20% dividend yield in coming years.
2)another one is ELPL.

NEGATIVE SELL
1)do not buy KOTA and AGAL for investment purposes (I don't buy these shares even 50%CMP )
2) sell your KOTA and AGAL, if you have

Agree with you bro. I am too with your idea. We should not talk about bad stocks in plantation sector. In fact my updates under plantation sector thread are very much selective. I purposefully excluded the shares like KOTA, AGAL due to its bad performances. Also I have raised the red flag against MADU as well as I think it is also below par company compared to others.
Value Invest Profit

PAT

Postby PAT » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:07 pm

Excellent result for KGAL too........

https://cdn.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_fi ... 581176.pdf
Live Today........

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:20 am

Last year closed well. I like to bracket them with top 5 plantation companies.
Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.”

Return to “Communities”