BALA Community

SHARK
Savant
Savant
Flag: Sri Lanka

Re: BALA Community

Postby SHARK » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:28 pm

Cseinvester wrote:I'm honestly like SHARK .Because he always try to give us good things. He not try to promote any share for his personal benefit. So nature will give more returns for these things to SHARK
[-x

We appreciate your views on plantation sector :ympeace:

will see how it goes next quarter \m/
Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.”

P_T

Postby P_T » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:28 pm

Very well said SH. Although the results were not as expected by the majority, we cannot rule out the profit made by the company. Investors should have patience and ignore short term fluctuations.
stocks hunter wrote:This is not the end of the world. As sashi pointed out they have invested for the future of the company.

Share trading is not a gambling but is an art. It's an another investment instrument we have. In reality there can be short term opportunities & traders & there can be long to medium term opportunities & investors as well.

Mkt is not only equipped with short term people or traders. All can make money if they have the patience.

Until we see the tea prices at present levels I don't see any danger here. BALA has not payed with the money,in fact invested for the future.

Yes I agree that for traders or for short term investors these results are not positive.

PAT
Flag: Australia

Postby PAT » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:17 pm

stocks hunter wrote:This is not the end of the world. As sashi pointed out they have invested for the future of the company.

Share trading is not a gambling but is an art. It's an another investment instrument we have. In reality there can be short term opportunities & traders & there can be long to medium term opportunities & investors as well.

Mkt is not only equipped with short term people or traders. All can make money if they have the patience.

Until we see the tea prices at present levels I don't see any danger here. BALA has not payed with the money,in fact invested for the future.

Yes I agree that for traders or for short term investors these results are not positive.

Thanks SH

9 month EPS 13.2 (including one off gain in June 17)

currently trading around Rs 30/31

still PER around 2 .........
Live Today........
Without compromising your ability to Live Tomorrow……… :)

Edmond

Postby Edmond » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:32 pm

P_T wrote:Very well said SH. Although the results were not as expected by the majority, we cannot rule out the profit made by the company. Investors should have patience and ignore short term fluctuations.

Here problem is some of people are copying what others are doing. They are not thinking other side of their actions.

Today I noticed (I'm holding MADU) when people are selling MADU someone put a 5000-10000 buy order & it got filled. (Those buyers are not a small retailers)

If trend change with other reports today buyers will make good profit within few days & today sellers will chase for higher price for same shares.

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:39 pm

But i expected much better report from BALA this time.
hopefully its a one off similar to TPL we witnessed previous quarter.

lets be watchful this quarter.

Edmond

Postby Edmond » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:43 pm

SHARK wrote:But i expected much better report from BALA this time.

Yes we all.

Hope the management will try to grab the current opportunity came after 4-5 years... :-?

sashimaal

Postby sashimaal » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:53 pm

Yes agree.
I see some seasonal effect as well - last year same Q saw a gross loss situation

Disc: holding

SHARK wrote:But i expected much better report from BALA this time.

"Knowledge is being aware of what you can do. Wisdom is knowing when not to do it" - Brian Tracy

Spider Man

Postby Spider Man » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:14 pm

Spider Man wrote:
Edmond wrote:Thx NC.

I guess from next week BALA will start moving with peers.

Good luck... =;

This has been the hope for the last few days. But BALA kept selling. It is suspicious bad report on the way or kind of manipulation going on.

Sadly my guess has been right. But I'm also still holding.

Edmond

Postby Edmond » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:22 pm

Spider Man wrote:
Spider Man wrote:

Good luck... =;

This has been the hope for the last few days. But BALA kept selling. It is suspicious bad report on the way or kind of manipulation going on.

My gut feeling saying there will be a opportunity in near future. Just hold my friend.
( Hope you can remember what was the buying power of last few weeks/month for most of plantation shares. Other thing just look at new entrants for top 20 list for both BALA & MADU)

Disc-Still holding several plantation.

Beginner
Flag: Saudi Arabia

Postby Beginner » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:53 pm

Check the top20. Milfer & Mackson holding (Multilac paints) are the only sellers

Beginner
Flag: Saudi Arabia

Postby Beginner » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:54 pm

Milfer is the chairman of Mackson holdings

Spider Man

Postby Spider Man » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:34 am

Edmond wrote:
Spider Man wrote:
Spider Man wrote:

Good luck... =;

My gut feeling saying there will be a opportunity in near future. Just hold my friend.
( Hope you can remember what was the buying power of last few weeks/month for most of plantation shares. Other thing just look at new entrants for top 20 list for both BALA & MADU)

Disc-Still holding several plantation.

Yea Edi. I saw that in BALA T20. Let's hope for the best.

Cseinvester

Postby Cseinvester » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:44 pm

Hope to collect BALA below 20 :D

Chaminda

Postby Chaminda » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:33 pm

Don't try to create unnecessary panic. If it goes there, let it do so.
We know your dirty game

Cseinvester wrote:Hope to collect BALA below 20 :D

Cseinvester

Postby Cseinvester » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:37 pm

Hey Chaminada I'm not create panic. Every man have freedom to say . I'm not writing for you like uneducated people think

Cseinvester

Postby Cseinvester » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:39 pm

Chaminada I'm not seen any contributions for the form only blame others. Admin must take actions like these people

sashimaal

Postby sashimaal » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:22 pm

Cseinvester , i have to agree with Chaminda here.
Also, I want to disclose that i hold BALA so that it is clear.

Yes you have freedom to say what you feel. But you mentioned a target that fundamentals doesn't support...and when there is panic in the market, it can create further panic. So such needs justification mentioned and not just because that is what you "feel"

As a responsible forum we can't support such behaviour in the name of "freedom"
"Knowledge is being aware of what you can do. Wisdom is knowing when not to do it" - Brian Tracy

NC+

Postby NC+ » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:35 pm

I think Bala can give trading opportunities if we keep monitor it... :-?
(Disc: Not Buy/sell Recommendation)
"Letting your emotions over-ride your plan or system is the biggest cause of failure."

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:51 pm

Lets not try to fish in trouble waters.

yes CI you may have partly or fully exited with profit or holding some plantations stocks, let us guide the members during trouble times.

To say as suggested by moderation team is creating panic in the name of freedom speech.

You could address your concerns in a diplomatic way with supportive analytics or research work.

Thats the need of the hour.

We can discuss overall plantation sector in the sector analysis.

when we say good to collect BALA or any share below such and such price levels, we should back up with fundamentals or technical reasons.

The tea prices in the weekly auctions are better.

I will post time to time for the benefit of members in TEC, preferably WoW.

Some delay is caused due to non availability of the data so there could be some delay from my part.

Some remarks can create /interpret in wrong way as suggested by our moderation team in members viewpoint.

Dont forget BALA made profit of 1.34EPS this quarter, and assuming same will annualized 1.34*4 = 5.36.

If we offset from 9M 13.40Rs the one off reversal Mgmt Fee & Profit Share which is approx 5.94 EPS = 7.5EPS /9M * 12M

We get Closer to 10EPS. And @25Rs its trading @ 2.50 times PER.

If we consider EPS 1.34 + 7.5 (9M) = 9Rs EPS for the Year. Assuming same EPS of Sep 17 will record in Dec 17.

At 25Rs SP/9EPS = 2.8 times PER.

So BALA looks relatively cheaper than some of the Plantation Shares.

You would recall i suggest for in the Plantation Sector analysis thread PER of 3.5 times should be ok.

Going by all these calculations BALA is getting attractive.

Yes there could be some trying to cash in on the market volatility, but as responsible forum we should be assisting fellow members.

Thats the common goal of all of us.

Lasa

Postby Lasa » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:12 pm

Thanks for the Oxygen Shark.

matrix

Postby matrix » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:17 pm

Thank you shark .
Stuck in a generation where LOYALTY is just a tatoo, LOVE is just a quote & lying is the new TRUTH

Edmond

Postby Edmond » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:49 pm

Thx NC & SHARK.

senarath67 +

Postby senarath67 + » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:07 pm

Greatly appreciate, Shark and NC for timely comments.

Blue Whale
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst

Postby Blue Whale » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:42 pm

SHARK wrote:Lets not try to fish in trouble waters.

yes CI you may have partly or fully exited with profit or holding some plantations stocks, let us guide the members during trouble times.

To say as suggested by moderation team is creating panic in the name of freedom speech.

You could address your concerns in a diplomatic way with supportive analytics or research work.

when we say good to collect BALA or any share below such and such price levels, we should back up with fundamentals or technical reasons.

Some delay is caused due to non availability of the data so there could be some delay from my part.

Some remarks can create /interpret in wrong way as suggested by our moderation team in members viewpoint.

Dont forget BALA made profit of 1.34EPS this quarter, and assuming same will annualized 1.34*4 = 5.36.

If we offset from 9M 13.40Rs the one off reversal Mgmt Fee & Profit Share which is approx 5.94 EPS = 7.5EPS /9M * 12M

If we consider EPS 1.34 + 7.5 (9M) = 9Rs EPS for the Year. Assuming same EPS of Sep 17 will record in Dec 17.

You would recall i suggest for in the Plantation Sector analysis thread PER of 3.5 times should be ok.

Yes there could be some trying to cash in on the market volatility, but as responsible forum we should be assisting fellow members.

:-bd
Value Invest Profit

PAT
Flag: Australia

Postby PAT » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:14 pm

SHARK wrote:Lets not try to fish in trouble waters.

Well said Shark...... :-bd
Live Today........
Without compromising your ability to Live Tomorrow……… :)

Return to “Communities”