GRAN vs TAFL vs BFL - Is history going to repeat again?

SHARK
Savant
Savant
Flag: Sri Lanka

Re: GRAN vs TAFL vs BFL - Is history going to repeat again?

Postby SHARK » Thu May 18, 2017 8:41 am

If someone want to play dirty.... they should know we can play dirty as well...... but our action plan is through informing relevant authorities for them to look into the matter...... if this fails we will educate through newsmedia... etc to highlight the grievances.

Which is done to save our retail community.
Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.”

Chaminda

Postby Chaminda » Thu May 18, 2017 9:04 am

Thanks Shark for the great contribution .

I will get media and SEC involved if necessary. They are getting the wrong people mad

Others - Hold to your quantity as this is the same group that is buying and selling from one party to another to get more quantities for themselves at the expense of yours

Shadow walker
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Flag: Sweden

Postby Shadow walker » Thu May 18, 2017 9:05 am

SHARK wrote:
Shadow walker wrote:
Value wrote:Shark, it could be possible a manipulation is happening and am sure you won't talk this serious unless you strongly believe or have heard it from reliable sources that such is happening.

Retailers are exiting counters like GRAN and funding the chase behind already highly appreciated counters to take on short term opportunities with the help of ASPI. Sadly it's directly or indirectly encouraged at forums including ours. Our retailers are prone to buy at top.

For me, it's the future potential that matters but not the past earnings, be it profit or loss. In that sense, the future potential of poultry companies at cse is immense. These companies will sure capitalise on the opportunities and deliver.

With this faith I had taken a long term view with the poultry shares and I am looking forward to increase my holdings of one poultry stock that I am in. Manipulators, demoters and panic retailers are helping us get cheap prices. We win by going against the crowd.

"Buy when there's blood in the streets, even if the blood is your own." :-bd

What do you do when that BLOOD is of Innocent Retailer who in fear sold it had no choice because of few dirty rogues action to drive the price down [-x

I sold this at 78-80 before they issue their financial statements .. so i dont have anything to do with this downtrend.. i know GRAN is a good company but i sold it to because of two reasons, 1 - i wanted to buy NAMU and VFIN .. if this come down to 65 what should i do.. buy or wait because retailers selling it at a loss.. anyway im not going to buy any poultry company again in my life time..

Theres another thing, if we think about retailers loss , innocence and fear.. how many chikens should die for 21 EPS.. we are hoping that more chickens to die to make us happy .. thats what every GRAN holder waiting.. :-B

I had a discussion with some of my friends who holds GRAN.. we talked about this. Im never going to buy any poultry company again shark.. :-B

its upto you to decide buy or sell. I am not going to give positive or negative advice to anyone about poultry companies.. :-B

Disc : not holding..
Successful Investing takes time, discipline and patience. No matter how great the talent or effort, some things just take time .. ;)

Shadow walker
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Flag: Sweden

Postby Shadow walker » Thu May 18, 2017 9:07 am

SHARK wrote:
topcat wrote:Is that right shark? I also hold poultry with LT vision. But gran profit reduced and retailers got panicked and selling . My assumption would or wouldn't confirm tjl behavior today. Lets see. Its the same case. Reduced profit margin
This panic attack is not from retailers but a bunch of few under the mastermind of someone high and mighty...... driving the price down consequently.

inform to all known friends of this to stop this

I think this should have some connection with broker firms.. they wants no of trades to increase.. :-?
Successful Investing takes time, discipline and patience. No matter how great the talent or effort, some things just take time .. ;)

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Thu May 18, 2017 9:13 am

No Shadow You sold it before the results and i have no issues with your selling.
after results and dividend effect we can expect one or 2 days panic attack.
not like this as if now one could say GRAN did not make any profit because its back to 67 :)

Those with religious beliefs has nothing to do with this.... we discuss in this thread here knowing all these ideologies.

its not for the vegans.

but anger is directed at those doing rogue trades of buying and selling to the same individual or connected circle. :-w

and we will officially submit our case to SEC, CSE and others to look into the recent share transactions...... and to identify if there were WASH TRADES or not on GRAN. :ymcowboy:

Blue Whale
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst

Postby Blue Whale » Thu May 18, 2017 9:26 am

topcat wrote:I never ever trust brokers. Normally happen opposite what they say.. :))

Then who :)) :))
Value Invest Profit

topcat

Postby topcat » Thu May 18, 2017 9:31 am

Blue Whale wrote:
topcat wrote:I never ever trust brokers. Normally happen opposite what they say.. :))

shoe shine boys =))
"Keep winners, Sell loosers"

Investor from 1985
Flag: Great Britain

Postby Investor from 1985 » Thu May 18, 2017 10:15 am

topcat wrote:
Blue Whale wrote:

shoe shine boys =))

Not a bad Idea ..... topcat ( do they around trading floor ... :-s )
If you can stay positive in a negative situation you WIN. $-)

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Thu May 18, 2017 10:17 am

Those doing ROGUE trades with the SOLE INTENTION to run down (WASH TRADE) the SHARE PRICE will have to face SERIOUS repercussion very SOON !

I am already in ACTION to inform the HIGHEST LEVELS from SEC, CSE........

Dont under estimate TEC Community.

We are Watching You .... :-B

They will have to soon face inquiry......

CSE-SAS
Research Analyst
Research Analyst

Postby CSE-SAS » Thu May 18, 2017 10:20 am

GRAN.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Blue Whale
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst

Postby Blue Whale » Thu May 18, 2017 10:21 am

SHARK wrote:Those doing ROGUE trades with the SOLE INTENTION to run down (WASH TRADE) the SHARE PRICE will have to face SERIOUS repercussion very SOON !

Good idea. All the best shark :-bd
Value Invest Profit

Investor from 1985

Postby Investor from 1985 » Thu May 18, 2017 10:30 am

I think every transaction is monitor .

SHARK wrote:Those doing ROGUE trades with the SOLE INTENTION to run down (WASH TRADE) the SHARE PRICE will have to face SERIOUS repercussion very SOON !

Blue Whale
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst

Postby Blue Whale » Thu May 18, 2017 10:31 am

Investor from 1985 wrote:I think every transaction is monitor .

Correct. There is a surveillance team in CSE. :ymsmug:
Value Invest Profit

Investor from 1985

Postby Investor from 1985 » Thu May 18, 2017 10:46 am

Chaminda wrote:Thanks Shark for the great contribution .

I will get media and SEC involved if necessary. They are getting the wrong people mad

Others - Hold to your quantity as this is the same group that is buying and selling from one party to another to get more quantities for themselves at the expense of yours

So let Chaminda to take action on this without delaying ( this is a crime), We will be safe eventually. ^:)^

Blue Whale
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst

Postby Blue Whale » Thu May 18, 2017 10:48 am

:!! :!!
Value Invest Profit

CSE-SAS
Research Analyst
Research Analyst

Postby CSE-SAS » Thu May 18, 2017 10:53 am

CSE-SAS wrote:GRAN.png

From trust able source i got information some parties together bring down the price and collecting at low price.

Plus some parties transferring share into their own accounts or other related accounts to panic poor retailer.

topcat

Postby topcat » Thu May 18, 2017 11:00 am

CSE-SAS wrote:
CSE-SAS wrote:GRAN.png

From trust able source i got information some parties together bring down the price and collecting at low price.

Plus some parties transferring share into their own accounts or other related accounts to panic poor retailer.

thnks SAS. look the selling in gran. amazing...what a country we are living X(

Chaminda

Postby Chaminda » Thu May 18, 2017 11:06 am

Thanks SAS

People who have links to SEC , FCID, CID - pls use your contacts

NC+

Postby NC+ » Thu May 18, 2017 11:10 am

Thanks SAS & Chaminda..
"Letting your emotions over-ride your plan or system is the biggest cause of failure."

Contra
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst
Flag: Poland

Postby Contra » Thu May 18, 2017 11:17 am

First of all thank you for VALUE for your detail analysis on the poultry sector. It is one of the best analyses I ever seen.

Whole chicken control prices were Rs.380 during May 2016 and before that. In other words it had price control. Later it increased to Rs.410 If I am correct after three years. Substitute meat and fish didn’t have any price control at all. Now price control has removed. It helped the poultry companies to improve their margin. When I was doing some study I found first week of May 2017 price of one kg of whole chicken was Rs.420. That means 1 kg of whole chicken has increased by Rs.10. During last couple of weeks one kg of Whole chicken has increased first to R.413.33 and then to Rs.420. Did you check this in the market? Please let me know. Still the cheapest protein available in the market is poultry products. Removal of GST will lead to more fish export. This situation will create further tight fish supply to the local market. Winner will be chicken and eggs as they are cheap. Did anybody find out GST removal for poultry products? During next year and coming months we can expect more rain as well. Agriculture output should increase. Rice prices are slightly coming down from first week of May 2017. On top of that we can expect implementation of favorable remaining policy decisions on the poultry sector sooner than later. April commodity prices should be lower than February and January 2017 or equal to March 2017 or below that. I will update this if I see updated reports.

I underestimated the BFL. I see some great potential there as well. Both TAFL and BFL equally good but first one will have the strongest balance sheets in the group in the coming financial years. As market has different types of players we have to expect these types of sell-off, volatility and pullback. They are creating great opportunities. Current selling is nothing when compare with sudden sell-off (short) in poultry stocks in 2015/16 despite having strong fundamentals and future outlook. Even I panicked and sold at a loss. Later I bought some at higher prices. Simply some traders spoiled those stocks. I would like to keep some of my poultry stocks for mid and long term investment. May be less 50% for mid term(less than five years) and others are for more than five years. In a bull market we can expect strong share prices and their P/E ratio will adjust accordingly. Even though I prefer TAFL due to my own reasons, I see great potential in other two as well. I trimmed little bit in one and added more in other two during last three months. In short this group has formed a major uptrend for five to 10 years provided we don’t see any unforeseen circumstances. That doesn’t’ means that they will not have pullback or correction time to time.

Don’t forget bull markets. We were able to survive bear markets. Bull market has more opportunities.

Please do home work and buy when stocks are bearish. That is what I am going to do in any type of market. I gave up buying stocks when they are bullish unless it has unbelievable value, growth and strong balance sheet. In some period it is wise to avoid media and forums to avoid great mistakes because of mixed signals.

Simply, as BW said GRAN has become a trading stock and there should be swing traders and other traders. But any moment it can have strong waves when strong bull set as it is one of the fundamentally sound stocks available in the market. Let us prepare for future waves based on fundamentals. Investors should buy great discount to the market to minimize risks.
Remember there is a great consumer staple play in both bull and bear market. We will less talk on stocks and will find some gems and hidden gems in the market. GRAN is a great value play. My broker wanted to buy some GRAN and JKH yesterday. Instead, I bought few other stocks and only bought less than 2000 shares of GRAN yesterday. When Gran is in bullish mood many got excited. When they don’t get excited I feel like getting some excitement on quality bearish stocks. Many didn’t get excited on stocks such JKH, PLC and few dark horses in the market during last couple of months.

Is it wise to buy Gran at this price as mid term investment (more than one year) based on the chart? Because every time we buy at premium prices when it was bullish have gone against us later. Therefore, we have to study trading pattern of this stock to minimize losses if it is for short term investment. Now I feel it is better to buy stocks when they are bearish, have pullback or when charts look bearish. Do you agree? In other word, I like to buy big quality bears in the market after breaking 6700 but still will watch closely for further confirmation for current major uptrend while accumulating stocks that I like.

Thanks and Good luck!
Company, stock market, politics and the economy are four different things.

Blue Whale
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst

Postby Blue Whale » Thu May 18, 2017 11:22 am

Contra wrote:First of all thank you for VALUE for your detail analysis on the poultry sector. It is one of the best analyses I ever seen.

Whole chicken control prices were Rs.380 during May 2016 and before that. In other words it had price control. Later it increased to Rs.410 If I am correct after three years. Substitute meat and fish didn’t have any price control at all. Now price control has removed. It helped the poultry companies to improve their margin. When I was doing some study I found first week of May 2017 price of one kg of whole chicken was Rs.420. That means 1 kg of whole chicken has increased by Rs.10. During last couple of weeks one kg of Whole chicken has increased first to R.413.33 and then to Rs.420. Did you check this in the market? Please let me know. Still the cheapest protein available in the market is poultry products. Removal of GST will lead to more fish export. This situation will create further tight fish supply to the local market. Winner will be chicken and eggs as they are cheap. Did anybody find out GST removal for poultry products? During next year and coming months we can expect more rain as well. Agriculture output should increase. Rice prices are slightly coming down from first week of May 2017. On top of that we can expect implementation of favorable remaining policy decisions on the poultry sector sooner than later. April commodity prices should be lower than February and January 2017 or equal to March 2017 or below that. I will update this if I see updated reports.

I underestimated the BFL. I see some great potential there as well. Both TAFL and BFL equally good but first one will have the strongest balance sheets in the group in the coming financial years. As market has different types of players we have to expect these types of sell-off, volatility and pullback. They are creating great opportunities. Current selling is nothing when compare with sudden sell-off (short) in poultry stocks in 2015/16 despite having strong fundamentals and future outlook. Even I panicked and sold at a loss. Later I bought some at higher prices. Simply some traders spoiled those stocks. I would like to keep some of my poultry stocks for mid and long term investment. May be less 50% for mid term(less than five years) and others are for more than five years. In a bull market we can expect strong share prices and their P/E ratio will adjust accordingly. Even though I prefer TAFL due to my own reasons, I see great potential in other two as well. I trimmed little bit in one and added more in other two during last three months. In short this group has formed a major uptrend for five to 10 years provided we don’t see any unforeseen circumstances. That doesn’t’ means that they will not have pullback or correction time to time.

Don’t forget bull markets. We were able to survive bear markets. Bull market has more opportunities.

Please do home work and buy when stocks are bearish. That is what I am going to do in any type of market. I gave up buying stocks when they are bullish unless it has unbelievable value, growth and strong balance sheet. In some period it is wise to avoid media and forums to avoid great mistakes because of mixed signals.

Simply, as BW said GRAN has become a trading stock and there should be swing traders and other traders. But any moment it can have strong waves when strong bull set as it is one of the fundamentally sound stocks available in the market. Let us prepare for future waves based on fundamentals. Investors should buy great discount to the market to minimize risks.
Remember there is a great consumer staple play in both bull and bear market. We will less talk on stocks and will find some gems and hidden gems in the market. GRAN is a great value play. My broker wanted to buy some GRAN and JKH yesterday. Instead, I bought few other stocks and only bought less than 2000 shares of GRAN yesterday. When Gran is in bullish mood many got excited. When they don’t get excited I feel like getting some excitement on quality bearish stocks. Many didn’t get excited on stocks such JKH, PLC and few dark horses in the market during last couple of months.

Is it wise to buy Gran at this price as mid term investment (more than one year) based on the chart? Because every time we buy at premium prices when it was bullish have gone against us later. Therefore, we have to study trading pattern of this stock to minimize losses if it is for short term investment. Now I feel it is better to buy stocks when they are bearish, have pullback or when charts look bearish. Do you agree? In other word, I like to buy big quality bears in the market after breaking 6700 but still will watch closely for further confirmation for current major uptrend while accumulating stocks that I like.

Thanks and Good luck!

Well said contra, well said :-bd
Value Invest Profit

sashimaal

Postby sashimaal » Thu May 18, 2017 11:57 am

Great stuff Shark, SAS and others in attacking manipulation head-on !

We as a Forum need to have a link with the SEC surveillance Team in informing of these kinds of dirty play. We will see more and more of these for sure.
As this is the #1 Forum in SL for CSE, SEC also should try to tie up with the Forum in minimising manipulation.

Also good write up Contra and Value about the industry !
"Knowledge is being aware of what you can do. Wisdom is knowing when not to do it" - Brian Tracy

topcat

Postby topcat » Thu May 18, 2017 12:01 pm

Contra wrote:First of all thank you for VALUE for your detail analysis on the poultry sector. It is one of the best analyses I ever seen.

100% Agree with contra. :ymhug: .. In all these years, where was this exceptional, valuable VALUE?.. :D Did you have another nick name dear Value? :-ss

Value
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst

Postby Value » Thu May 18, 2017 12:24 pm

topcat wrote:

100% Agree with contra. :ymhug: .. In all these years, where was this exceptional, valuable VALUE?.. :D Did you have another nick name dear Value? :-ss

Thanks Contra and TC for your encouraging words. No TC, I am new to forums and am here only at TEC

topcat

Postby topcat » Thu May 18, 2017 12:31 pm

Value wrote:
topcat wrote:

Thanks Contra and TC for your encouraging words. No TC, I am new to forums and am here only at TEC

Ok value. keep it up the good work. :ymapplause:

Return to “Stock Market Talkz”