Use your Brain and Invest in Stocks

stocks hunter
Co - Admin
Co - Admin
Flag: Sri Lanka

Use your Brain and Invest in Stocks

Postby stocks hunter » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:02 pm

When I saw today's top gainers list I got shocked. I don't think there are any fundamentally sound stocks in that list.

We have loads of fundamentally sound under valued stocks in the mkt. New comers or investors should know how to find these types of value stocks in CSE by following our forum or any other site/ by consulting a person who has experience in share trading activities. If not you will end up with a capital loss one day.There for to protect your hard earned money you should know what you are doing in the mkt and what type of stocks you should purchase.

CSE has a very good future and technically we are still at rock bottom levels. Hence we have a room for growth and going forward we should invest in sound/quality stocks.

Please don't follow promotions happening in other places in cyber world for over valued stocks or under performing stocks.You will end up with a loss for sure.

Please make use of the experts in TEC forum to get clarify any matters/issues with regard to share trading as well.

x_x x_x x_x x_x

:-bd

Tx.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stocker

Re: Use your Brain and Invest in Stocks

Postby stocker » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:18 pm

Thanks a lot SH for educating us.

wmdcf
Flag: Malaysia

Postby wmdcf » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:26 pm

Thanks you hunter on your timely advice.
I never attempt to make money on the stock market. I buy on the assumption that they could close the market the next day and not reopen it for five years. - Warren Buffett

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:35 pm

Thank you SH for keeping us well informed.
Appreciate a lot.

In a BULL market all shares will go up irrespective of its worth. Therefore please be careful to invest on only fundamentally strong companies.
This for your safety of your investment and well being of your health :)

As SH stated looking at the attachment, I am surprised too seeing some of the Top Gainers.

A single individual could have easily done it to mislead.

There are plenty of stocks that are still worth having a look at, so do your own analysis as well before commiting your self.

most importantly don't BUY on CREDIT.

Kind regards
Shark
Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.”

Edmond

Postby Edmond » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:48 pm

Well asid SH.

This is very sad situation. This is not rally or decent trading. This is mafia done by few of unprofessinal personals in CSE. They are blood suckers, sadly most of retailors, new comers end up their CSE life temporary/permanatly due to chasing those.

Better trade with fundamentals, they are giving good opportunities.... :-w

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:08 pm

I think we should continue this thread just to keep all well informed and as a reminder from time to time

stocks hunter
Co - Admin
Co - Admin

Postby stocks hunter » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:35 pm

That's great SHARK.

Please use a good heading as you wish and place this thread below as a sticky thread to access to every body and to continue with comments in future.

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:44 pm

Thanks I have already made it a sticky. :D

Heading is ok, need no tinkering ;)

Time to time we have to educate the members and remind them of the pitfalls :D

There is no get rich quick schemes or methods.

We tend to go high leverage in pursuit of these just to find our selves only to be blamed.

Investment is an art, accumulate for your future so that it gives you steady returns.

Have Targets in your life, these are milestones you will cherish as you attain them.

They are motivational rewards one needs to keep forging ahead.

Good luck
SHARK

SMR08

Postby SMR08 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:50 pm

Yes the subject or the heading is good, it hits ur brain straight away as u see it makes us click the thread too :) by that way everyone reads it definitely and will learn.

stocks hunter
Co - Admin
Co - Admin

Postby stocks hunter » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:59 am

REXP is a company which is engaged in exporting of rubber based products. Falling rubber prices has given a boom to the bottom line of the company and this will continue in future as well since researchers expect further drop in crude oil prices which has a direct link to the prices of synthetic rubber and natural rubber.

HEXP is a company which produces coconut based products.

But the manipulators used the company name which goes as HEXP = REXP to promote the share price to increase by 100% during this year.This has nothing to do with REXP performances or not in the same industry. Hence HEXP never produce results like REXP to justify the inflated share price.

Promoters can say anything. But you have to have your brain and knowledge to identify the correct stock at the correct time.

Now see the results.....

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/768_1446116361924.pdf

:ar!

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:31 am

Thanks SH ...... Results not impressive ... was the inflation for a rights issue ..... ? (speculating only) usually this what follows. The appreciation has no backing with its performance.

nis2010
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Postby nis2010 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:09 pm

I couldn't find the correct topic to post this. So I use here to ask this.
@Shark and all experts

everyone likes to learn and study how share market prices go up and go down. so I saw Mr.shark explain nicely these things using charts. So can't you open a thread to teach about these charts and what these sticks do and etc.I think no one disagree with me. කුප්පියක් දැම්මොත් හොඳයි නේද ?? :) :) :) :)

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:59 pm

nis2010 wrote:I couldn't find the correct topic to post this. So I use here to ask this.
@Shark and all experts

everyone likes to learn and study how share market prices go up and go down. so I saw Mr.shark explain nicely these things using charts. So can't you open a thread to teach about these charts and what these sticks do and etc.I think no one disagree with me. කුප්පියක් දැම්මොත් හොඳයි නේද ?? :) :) :) :)

Hello Nis
First things first........
Call me Shark, and drop Mr ....... from it :-bd

There are separate sections under Tech & Analytics and Chart School, where one could bring about any discussion.
I would be more than helpful to educate for those who are interested :x

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:36 pm

Do you agree that one of the early bull sign is that government funds moving out of shares to make way for foreign funds to buy back those shares to increase liquidity......

Please share your thoughts on above.....

One may not agree as 100% but at the same time one can not say no for sure other wise as well

More study require... To confirm? If you think so pls post your comments

Contra
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst
Flag: Poland

Postby Contra » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:46 am

SHARK wrote:Do you agree that one of the early bull sign is that government funds moving out of shares to make way for foreign funds to buy back those shares to increase liquidity......

One may not agree as 100% but at the same time one can not say no for sure other wise as well

Yes we can see some foreign and local intelligent investors are taking position in stocks.

In stock market everybody make mistakes. We have to learn lot of things. When some crowd become too optimistic or become over bullish on stocks they can go down in the short run. For example recently some crowds became over optimistic on few stocks in different groups. Instead of they went up they came down. On the other hand majority didn’t see any uptrend in some stocks. They went up little bit. I think identifying crowed behaviour is also important. When crowd becomes less optimistic in some stocks they go up. To my surprise, now market players are not talking too much on two value plus momentum stocks in two different groups. I believe those two will have their next uptrend strongly in the coming weeks as both companies have positive business environment having their major uptrend intact technically as well. Those who have mastered pull back or minor correction also will have opportunity in these types of stocks.

Why I am bullish on the market

When are we going to see lower oil prices like this? How about oil around $35 next year? (That is my target) Some frontier and emerging markets will benefit most. Even in advanced Countries consumers will have more money in their pocket. They will create demand for other consumer items.

Market is trading at a lower range bound now.

Some crowd are not overly optimistic now.

Still some foreign and local intelligent investors are taking position in stocks.

We see great bull market from November to following year June.

This market has not yet completed its bull market and we should see remaining stages of current bull market.

South Asia has one of the fastest growth ratios in the world. Different country has different growth sectors.

Finally if we had waited without investing in this market during last 12 months, we would have missed some great opportunities.

In addition, we saw rapid rise in some stocks within the short period and they had a pull back. After pullback some valuable stocks are getting very attractive again due to great value and outlook. It is going to be another great opportunity.
Company, stock market, politics and the economy are four different things.

stocks hunter
Co - Admin
Co - Admin

Postby stocks hunter » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:24 pm

SHARK wrote:Do you agree that one of the early bull sign is that government funds moving out of shares to make way for foreign funds to buy back those shares to increase liquidity......

You are absolutely correct SHARK. This is the only available option to increase the liquidity levels of the mkt immediately without pressurizing the listed companies. This has started to happen after appointment of RW as the PM of this country. He wanted to improve the liquidity of the mkt.If not what will happen is when foreigners or foreign funds starts to buy all most all the stocks go out of hand and mkt and stocks may become un attractive or over value to every body. This might lead to the mkt crash in future as well.

Just see there was foreign buying for high liquidity under valued companies. Eg:TJL, DIAL..... etc mean time there are foreign selling in over valued high cap counters as well. COMB. HNB being the most attractive listed bank have massive foreign buying but no volumes to purchase. You can observe foreign buying on RCL in future as well.

Why EPF selling shares........

*As SHARK said Govt wants to increase the liquidity levels of the mkt.

*Govt wants to stream line the investments in the capital mkt.

*EPF may invest money in country's biggest project - The port city project in future.

*Or may be a mix of above mentioned activities.

The EPF selling of shares is a great opportunity for every body to purchase these shares at bargain prices. When you have large blocks to sell they have to consider a lower price just to attract the buyers. We saw in BFL almost every body who purchased shares at Rs180 - Rs190 levels got a massive benefit/capital gain.Same thing will happen in OSEA and RCL once the EPF selling is over. You want get these shares at these bargain price levels again to my estimates.

Please threat that these are my observations/ideas only.

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/

stocks hunter
Co - Admin
Co - Admin

Postby stocks hunter » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:35 am

Just think about the poultry group. Their present performances are great. Future is stable. All three companies have diversified really well now.

They are the lowest debt companies in the CSE.Their ROE is at high levels. Fundamentally strongest counters in the mkt. Hence you are getting a really good opportunity to grab these shares at these bargain price levels.

Let the sellers sell. They also can't do it continuously. Shares should transfer from weak hands to strong hands. If you are a strong hand you will be rewarded in future.

Use your brain and invest in stocks.

Contra
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst

Postby Contra » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:36 am

Yes. Among global poultry stocks, Sri-Lankan poultry stocks are very attractive now.

We should apply systematic approach to the current market rather than aggressive approach. Intelligent value and contrarian value investors will target great value stocks in the market. That is what happening in global markets.

Globally there is great demand for some food related stocks including poultry stocks. Global Chicken stocks have more legs. We will see breaking their 52 weeks high and all time high in 2016.

Growth has been shrinking over the course of 2015 due to poor commodity prices in Malaysia but the exception is their poultry. Their poultry stocks are also outperforming other stocks.

Why Investors Are buying heavily food related stocks (consumer staples) including poultry stocks globally these days? Is it going to be new trend in global markets?

It is time to identify next movers and winners in the market based on earnings outlook, mid and long term growth and valuations

stocks hunter
Co - Admin
Co - Admin

Postby stocks hunter » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:51 am

I was observing the counter ACL. When mkt was coming down due to unwanted extra panic I observed sell order for ACL about 70,000 shares at Rs106. After stabilizing the mkt once again buy orders stated to come out. The cunning person who wanted to drag down the ACL share remove his sell order immediately with a fear that he would loss the quantity.

This is the current situation here. These crooks squeezing every thing and now I get a strong feeling as a powerful upturn in the mkt is very close by. Since day by day selling is going down..

Will see..... All the best.....

Contra
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst

Postby Contra » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:21 pm

What are the bright spots in Sri-Lanka?

The lower crude oil and commodity prices will lead to higher consumer disposable incomes and reducing input costs for companies.

Therefore,consumer related companies will benefit lot.

Any pick-up in the awarding of infrastructure projects which slowed down last year could also be a positive for infrastructure-related companies. we can identify some attractive stocks in above areas. There are attractive stocks in other areas as well.

Contra
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst

Postby Contra » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:48 pm

http://www.smh.com.au/money/investing/s ... mybqo.html

Seven steps to start investing in shares

Volatility on the sharemarket is delivering lots of great value for buyers.

stocks hunter
Co - Admin
Co - Admin

Postby stocks hunter » Thu May 05, 2016 7:25 am

I believe right time has come again to remind this once again......

When we are in a bull mkt you can see all the shares are moving up irrespective of the fundamental values.
There for we should pay more attention now for stock selections and should strictly follow fundamentally valued discounted shares.

Some times you may experiance that the fundamentally sound stocks take time to go up. But in a difficult situation these stocks play a defensive role in your investment life.They declare attractive dividends,splits,etc...etc...

Just see the shares we discussed broadly in TEC in recent past like PARQ,RCL,LWL,TAFL,BFL,etc....etc... have appreciated in prices very rapidly. There are few more great value shares trading at discounted price levels and yet to reach its true potential prices like GRAN,AEL,SFIN,GLASS etc...etc...

Recently we observe that many fundamentally LESS valued shares being promoted by various groups every where but not in TEC like of HVA,ECL,SFL,REEF,ACME,WAPO etc......etc....for their benefits. Please be mindful of these things. Do your home work properly before investing in a share.Think about its value and the time frame of your investment.If the company is in a growing sector,has a good management,fundamentally sound and under valued presently that will be a good share to invest your hard earned money.

We should be happy about the TEC forum and now we have become the only active forum which provides great investment decisions to the investment community in Sri lanka.

Thanks for all the active contributors.......

Cheers.....

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

topcat

Postby topcat » Thu May 05, 2016 7:29 am

Timely post SH. Please keep this topic alive .. ^:)^
"Keep winners, Sell loosers"

jack18
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Postby jack18 » Thu May 05, 2016 8:57 am

Thank you very much for your valuable advise SH

stocks hunter
Co - Admin
Co - Admin

Postby stocks hunter » Wed May 18, 2016 7:44 am

Today I saw some people are mentioning a massive profit growth from VFIN. They have mentioned that VFIN has reported close to Rs16.0 EPS for the quarter.

But look at the accounts carefully. They have published annualised EPS figure for the quarter. Quarter EPS should be Rs3.95(164,195,000/41,500,600 shares)

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_fil ... 481716.pdf

VFIN has reported a growth. But we have to check the accounts carefully to get the right figure.

In case of ALUF its other way has happened.

They have reported good profits for the march Q. But the company has published wrong accounts and poor investors has to paid the penalty.(No body is available to look after these type of innocent shares holders whom are the victims of coporates donkeys........

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_fil ... 3.2016.pdf

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announ ... 41492_.pdf

If u carefully compare the accounts of ALUF as at 31/03/15 quarter with 31/03/16 there's no much differance in the performance as reported by the company.(March Q 2016 has mentioned a massive negative differance)

But if u campare the un audited figures as at 31/03/15 and the audited figures as at 31/03/15 u can see 100% chnages in every area.

Audited figures have reduce the cost of sale of the company by massive Rs10.0mn (between 31/03/15 unaudited cost of sales and the 31/03/16 audited cost of sales.)

Starting from that the entire accounts have been manipulated by the so called finance manager very nicely. I think he has no knowledge in presenting accounts in this calibre and some times he is not suit for the hayleys group.

He has continuously make blunders in accounts for more than 1 year now(only period I have checked deeply) and still continuing,that's why he has corrected the accounts and send a note to CSE this time as well.

Hayleys directors its up to you all to decided to continue with this finance manager in future or to get a good person for the sake of the innocent shareholders of ALUF and for the sake of corporate reputation maintain by the DP and the hayleys group.

Now are we have to pay the penalty of these type of corporate blunders? Who is going to help the poor investors.? What are the investor rights now? SEC its over to you to look in to these matters as you very correctly acted on BLUE matter.

CSE from their side made a big mistake.Actually the company has the faxed the errata notice may be in the morning. But their fax says date as 05/12 and the time as 19.23 (This is 7.30PM right) ha..ha.. BUT WE GOT THE ERRATA NOTICE BY 1.30PM local time on 12/05/16 during mkt hours.

CSE has failed to act on this matter professionally. Why can't they understand that these are price sensitive mistakes. Why at least CSE failed to mentioned a time on the fax that they received or on the date stamp even?

Are these people called professionals in the corporate world?

SEC/CSE should have halted the trading of ALUF no sooner they have received the fax like they acted on BLUE matter and should have cancelled all the transactions happened up to that time. Or else company should asked to bear any lost to its share holders due to these blunders happened from CSE/SEC side as well as ALUF side.

Its over to you to decide friends.....

One thing is clear. If not for this ALUF financial manager ALUF should trade around Rs45 - Rs50 range by now. Its fair value may be around Rs38 - Rs42, but it should always trade with a premium price due to its low share capital to its peer...............

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Stock Market Talkz”