Last hurdle is cleared for the CSE to move upwards.

SHARK
Savant
Savant
Flag: Sri Lanka

Re: Last hurdle is cleared for the CSE to move upwards.

Postby SHARK » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:08 am

So dont try to convince me with stories of hambantota huge debts, interest rate hikes, inflation high, taxes high bla bla and blah....
and dont tell me to believe what you or majority want me to believe .... B-)

do what was entrusted upon you (pass the SEC new ACT before end of March in parliament) and then convince me that their is genuine stumble blocks to reform .... I will then believe ......

i dont need to hear cock and bull stories of economy is bankrupt ... all that nonsense..... if thats what you want me to believe

if you cant do it swiftly 2 year on.....then let some one be incharge who can do it for the benefit of investing community ......

thats a great service you can at least do....
Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.”

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:15 am

future123 wrote:Thanks Shark. I hold some shares for another 5 years or more but not all are like that. I seriously wanted a healthy market but unfortunately the politicians decide the market through the budgets and policies. What ever said, MR presented 10 budgets and none of them went against investors. That's the point I want to make and not that I blindly support them. I'm sure there are some big shots here who could help the investors by advising policy makers to be fair for the investors.

Honestly, I cant understand why they increased the dividend with holding taxes (WHT) in the last budget and corporate taxes for export companies since we are crying for investments and export income.

As you said Pakistan stock market appreciate, I think the investor confidence not broken by the politicians through unfair taxes. Is Pakistan stock market recovering from a huge crash? In such situation the growth rate may be usually higher.

Want to stop this lengthy arguments.

Let's be positive for a healthier and sustainable market with minimum promotion and maximum knowledge sharing.

Good luck.

Again Future ..... If you had read the article in this same thread regarding Pakistan Stock Exchange...... they have Capital Gain Tax ...... i dont know whether it was implemented pre or post demutualisation ...... but its still a vibrant market .......
And would it be a matter if you had gained 100% or 50% to pay minute amount to the state as wht, for providing free education n health service's I think no is the answer :

i like to reiterate ..... things have changed, different market forces ...... always looking for negativity ..... and not appreciating what the future holds ......

Remember every dark cloud has silver lining .....

time to think out of the box........

good luck, and not everything is lost.....

we just need to pass this stormy whether sooner than later....... :-bd

like you said for the benfit of all in the investing community :ymdaydream:

good luck my friend :)

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:39 am

why dont someone in SEC pulish monthly or quaterly progress report in the reform front.........

topcat

Postby topcat » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:15 pm

future123 wrote:
Let's be positive for a healthier and sustainable market with minimum promotion and maximum knowledge sharing.

well said future :-bd
"Keep winners, Sell loosers"

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:39 pm

Can somebody define promotion...... ?

All are doing some kind of promotion..... in a way isn't it.

By telling alum is attractive or tjl at a massive discount or rexp a winner or see ccs has defined the odds, this or that.

In my opinion every one or forum does this by showing how fundamentally that share is strong and technically at attractive level say 50% correction and ready to bounce.

The whole issue comes when market is overly projected as pessimistic and with full negatives.

We see people trying to project themselves and show that they are saviors of retailers but we all know they are looking for a place for themselves with cheap thrills, by quoting past posts. And i told you this or that.

People should look for their motives....

When market start recovery they are vanished.

I am glad to inform we have no such mentality in our members and in this forum.

Why cocr was purchased at 100+ and it has come to 40. Is cocr a scrap.... should not we buy now as its discounted. Cocr has produced great performances YoY. And yet down, why ..... for cocr is still worth at least 75rs. Thats 2.5 times and 7-8 times per.

Same look at lioc..... people including broker huts demoted this saying lioc will not make profits as before fuel formula...... but same broker huts promoting its attractive...... saying formula will stabilise its earnings .....where is ethics......

Lioc was demoted for a reason and retailers panic due to heavy demotion as if lioc will be out of business to collect by funds and interested parties..... what can we do?

Most critics will learn one day when lioc is trading above previous HIGHs....

And same to other gems which have thrown out presently due to continuous negative posts.

Nobody makes a loss in cse if fundamentally strong shares are bought and not sold recklessly or due to margin pressure or short term market fluctuations ... you who will decide and make that judgment call.

If you can hold without outside pressure you will be the winner.....

There is lot to write will do so when yime permits.

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:11 pm

kse3.png

kse1.png

kse2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:21 pm

Hope this article provide the huge potential for CSE.....

I am not saying all will be ok after Market Demutualisation ........And reforms are implemented ......things would be in a much better footing.....

But when is the Question ...... ?

I like to stress 2 points.....
Our Dividend Yield ... has it got better ..... ex (REG,REXP,CCS)
Earnings Growth .... (COCR,GRAN,VFIN,LFIN,TKYO)

Above are only few ......

Think of all these ...... Are we in Gold Mine .... or What ..... It needs to be exploded ........ if People at the Top places get on with the work entrusted upon.....

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:09 pm

As further reading, i just thought of posting randomly selected 3 shares.......
check the dividend yield

based on information from cse website.
VFIN Price 43 taken based on Highest Price in the qtr closing, before div. announcement
COCR Quoted Ref Price
TJL Issued Price 15

Whats important is to note VFIN Dividend keeps rising along with TJL
I am not convinced of COCR on the DY growth.
Not sure if future would see a change to their dividend policy.

dy.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:38 pm

Why i posted is to see as time goes by the dividend of of VFIN and TJL appreciate irrespective of the economic situation. so this type of shares will have more demand and price will appreciate......
TJL in 2016/17 paid 1Rs thats an interim and i expect another 1Rs Final to close the year.
That would mean a 10% DY based on 15Rs Ref Price.

VFIN has shown Div increases from 1 Rs to 2.50 .... and hopefully this year could expect 3 or 3+.

And the other attribute is Splits which is an added bonus for LT Investors.

If we can identify similar shares ...... then hold them close to your chest, irrespective of market fluctuations we will overcome inflation ..... thats the mantra to be winners ......

identify and collect ......

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:27 am

rexpalum.png

THere could be many shares similar to the one i am posting.....

Ex REG ..... etc....

Check for such shares any invest with a long term view, where their growth is intact whatever the market conditions..... $-)

avoid margins that is when things could turn ugly ..... have a peaceful sleep without margins ..... you would be a true winner :D

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:28 am

Reg, LLUB,CTC and NESt are similar shares ...... some they give 100% pay-out :D

prasa2004
Flag: Singapore

Postby prasa2004 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:08 am

With Dollar re-treating and honeymoon of DOW seems over, (over doubts on his passing of policies) funds will start to trickle now to Asia. As most of them sitting on high profits, sooner these funds will realize profits and park in Asia. Lets hope for goo period ahead

NC+

Postby NC+ » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:16 pm

Central Bank says H’tota port sale ‘crucial’

Sri Lanka is currently in a debt trap with at least US $ 1.9 billion in debt repayments coming up for during the rest of the year out of the total of US $ 2.6 billion due for 2017.
In contrast, the corresponding inflows into the country have been dismal with the earnings from exports declining, expenditure on imports rising and the current account deficit of the external account performing worse than expected. The foreign direct investment (FDI), to say the least, has been disappointing.
As a result, the gross official reserves have now come down to US $ 5.1 billion from US $ 6.0 billion in January 2017, sufficient for only about 3 months of imports— a very narrow margin at a time of extremely high volatility.
Dr. Coomaraswamy said the ideal level of reserves for Sri Lanka at this juncture is about US $ 10 billion, but they would try to bring it up at least to US $ 7.5 billion by the end of 2017, preferably through non-debt creating inflows such as the sale of the Hambantota port and several other state-owned enterprises.
The authorities have lined up at least another US $ 2.4 billion from several sources— US $ 1.5 billion from a sovereign bond issue, US $ 450 million syndicated loan, which could go up to US $ 700 million or even up to US $ 1.0 billion and another US $ 200 million loan from China Development Bank— all debt creating inflows which will further bloat the foreign liabilities. “This will meet the (foreign debt) obligations for the rest of the year which is about US $ 1.9 billion. That is a very thin margin. If there is any kind of shock, we will get pushed into a crisis. So, what I am saying is, we are not in a crisis situation now but without that China (Hambantota port) money, we will have a very thin margin. And if something happens, if there is an oil price hike or some kind of shock hit us, then we will get pushed into a crisis,” Dr. Coomaraswamy cautioned.
Read all..
http://www.dailymirror.lk/article/Centr ... 26235.html
"Letting your emotions over-ride your plan or system is the biggest cause of failure."

winner
Flag: Great Britain

Postby winner » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:45 am

I heard from some people that SEC chairman's term is ending this month and there is no plan to continue with him. Is there any truth in this? Can somebody enlighten please?

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:19 pm

winner wrote:I heard from some people that SEC chairman's term is ending this month and there is no plan to continue with him. Is there any truth in this? Can somebody enlighten please?
:ymapplause:

Shadow walker
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Flag: Sweden

Postby Shadow walker » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:35 pm

SHARK wrote:
winner wrote:I heard from some people that SEC chairman's term is ending this month and there is no plan to continue with him. Is there any truth in this? Can somebody enlighten please?
:ymapplause:

Thilak karunarathne appointed to SEC two times... 2011 and 2015.. . thilak karunarathne = bear market ... :ymdaydream:
Successful Investing takes time, discipline and patience. No matter how great the talent or effort, some things just take time .. ;)

PAT
Flag: Australia

Postby PAT » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:56 pm

No idea .but if true then ........... :x
Live Today........
Without compromising your ability to Live Tomorrow……… :)

winner

Postby winner » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:53 pm

I think the people who wanted to collect at low prices, have achieved their target and moving the market upward slowly. JKH selling is coming to and end people are looking forward for upward journey.

Interestingly ASI on 30/03/2016 was 6040 and after 1 year it is 6040 again. And it has climbed in April onward until it reached 6700 after which it came to this level again.

I hope this year too it will happen.

NC+

Postby NC+ » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:33 pm

winner wrote:I think the people who wanted to collect at low prices, have achieved their target and moving the market upward slowly. JKH selling is coming to and end people are looking forward for upward journey.

Interestingly ASI on 30/03/2016 was 6040 and after 1 year it is 6040 again. And it has climbed in April onward until it reached 6700 after which it came to this level again.

Good observation winner.. :)
"Letting your emotions over-ride your plan or system is the biggest cause of failure."

winner

Postby winner » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:45 pm

NC+ wrote:
winner wrote:I think the people who wanted to collect at low prices, have achieved their target and moving the market upward slowly. JKH selling is coming to and end people are looking forward for upward journey.

Good observation winner.. :)

Thanks NC

winner

Postby winner » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:11 pm

ASI on 31/03/2016 was 6071. Will it be near that mark today as well?

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:34 pm

Will there be a last minute RUSH to close 6100 :)

winner

Postby winner » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:48 pm

SHARK wrote:Will there be a last minute RUSH to close 6100 :)

It seems to be the case. Already two crossings at high prices than market prices. DFCC and LIOC which will take index higher.

dhanurrox
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Postby dhanurrox » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:03 pm

some are toying with index.Crossings pouring in at very high price.DFCC,LIOC,UBC

Shadow walker
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Flag: Sweden

Postby Shadow walker » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:30 pm

winner wrote:ASI on 31/03/2016 was 6071. Will it be near that mark today as well?

:D :-bd
Successful Investing takes time, discipline and patience. No matter how great the talent or effort, some things just take time .. ;)

Return to “Stock Market Talkz”