Postby GB » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:51 am

My watch list..WATA, ELPL and TPL.

Blue Whale
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst
Flag: Sri Lanka

Re: Buying Opportunities in the Market

Postby Blue Whale » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:59 am

GB wrote:My watch list..WATA, ELPL and TPL.

I am doing an analysis. Will give you the out put soon. :)
Value Invest Profit

GB
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Postby GB » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:01 am

Thank you BW.

Contra
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst
Flag: Poland

Postby Contra » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:13 am

As I said before without analyzing micro economies relevant to companies many were worry about interest rates, brexit, federal interest rates, income tax, balance of payments, debt and other macro economic and political factors and they lost some attractive buying opportunities in the market. Above factors are part and parcels of world economy and they go as cycles.

It is wise to explore some selling opportunities as well. I believe there will be selling opportunities as well during next one to five years. Different players will sell stocks for different reasons such as due to weak fundamentals, when they meet targets, those who buy stocks for trading, portfolio adjustments, personal reasons, to clear debt, to rotate stocks and when market players find better options and find other attractive stocks etc. In this process also can make mistakes.
Company, stock market, politics and the economy are four different things.

Blue Whale
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst

Postby Blue Whale » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:52 am

Contra wrote:As I said before without analyzing micro economies relevant to companies many were worry about interest rates, brexit, federal interest rates, income tax, balance of payments, debt and other macro economic and political factors and they lost some attractive buying opportunities in the market. Above factors are part and parcels of world economy and they go as cycles.

It is wise to explore some selling opportunities as well. I believe there will be selling opportunities as well during next one to five years. Different players will sell stocks for different reasons such as due to weak fundamentals, when they meet targets, those who buy stocks for trading, portfolio adjustments, personal reasons, to clear debt, to rotate stocks and when market players find better options and find other attractive stocks etc. In this process also can make mistakes.

Agree. We can discuss lot of these under this thread in future. :ymhug:
Value Invest Profit

Contra
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst

Postby Contra » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:53 am

It is time to do some home to find out next most promising buying opportunities in the market. This market will have stocks oriented and sector oriented bull market in addition to momentum oriented bull market in the future too.

Lasa

Postby Lasa » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:01 am

How about CLND? Have not seen much appreciation for long time.

Contra
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst

Postby Contra » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:36 am

Lasa wrote:How about CLND? Have not seen much appreciation for long time.

They have ambitious plans to diversify their real estate property portfolio. Have you done any study on their 13-acre land extent in Pettah? Best thing to do is if you like a company don’t worry about short term share prices as long as it has a great story. Mr Market eventually will identify great companies in the market. Not only CLND there are plenty of stocks have stagnated. Those are some of the stocks to watch and do some study and pick or accumulate accordingly.

Contra
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst

Postby Contra » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:55 am

Market has attractive value and growth stocks. They are more attractive not only on the basis of PE ratio (basic criteria) but also other important ratios but still they lack momentum. It can come unexpectedly suddenly. When it begins others including punters get attention and they bit higher prices to grab those stocks. After few weeks they can even double of treble. Those who buy final stage think that they will go up further. But stocks never go straight up. They will have pullback, correction, volatility and will enter bear territory etc. Only exception is some stocks will end up with multibaggrs in few years time while facing all type of short term calamities in the market. CSE has this type of stocks as well. Even in the plantation sector there were more than two baggers like WATA, MAL ,BALA, and UDPL. Those who missed them should try to find next most promising ones without chasing hot stocks in the market. There is intrinsic value and fair value for stocks in addition to volatility in stocks prices in the short run.

Over confidence and too much information also could lead to poor results. Currently some stocks have already adjusted to their future earnings and according to their respective industry. I expect pullback, volatility, correction in some stocks. I also expect new bullish stocks in the market in the coming months. Some stocks in the banking and Finance and diversify have formed short term range bound as well.

Do you think it is time to make some profits from stocks which went up rapidly or is it time to cut losses from the poorly performed stocks? I am little bit fearful about some stocks. In this market bullish charts can suddenly become bearish and bearish charts suddenly can become bullish charts. It happed during last three years in this market. I believe we should look for not only buying opportunities but also selling opportunities as well. Thanks.

Contra
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst

Postby Contra » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:49 am

In this make or break month, some great opportunities should create in the market slowly but surely.

Contra
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst

Postby Contra » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:53 am

In this make or break month, some great opportunities should create in the market slowly but surely. Crowds are bearish today as well except those who are buying. Those who buy quality stocks at a great price(part of a great business at a attractive price) will end up with some of the top winners in the market.

Return to “Technical Chartz & Analytics”