Moderator Duties

SHARK
Savant
Savant
Flag: Sri Lanka

Moderator Duties

Postby SHARK » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:58 am

A moderator plays a vital role in establishing the tenor of a forum and guiding its conduct. The duties of moderators include facilitating introduction of participants in a forum, encouraging robust discussion of the forum’s agenda, maintaining order throughout the proceedings, ensuring that the interactions remain within the identified theme and for online forums. It includes editing, moving and even deleting postings.

Discussion Facilitation
The main function of a moderator is to promote interaction among the members of a forum. The moderator introduces the participants to each other and keeps updating the forum on new members. The members of a forum convene to discuss specific topics and it is the duty of the moderator to encourage lively debate and discussion that is enriching to all participants. The moderator also answers questions that may arise in the course of the discussion. In online forums, moderators also have a duty to update the website with all the latest developments and contributions from participants.

Thematic Control
Every forum has a theme and it is up to the moderator to ensure that the discussion stays within the thematic parameters. In the event that the forum appears to be straying, the moderator guides the discussion back to the stated topic.Therefore, moderators ought to be knowledgeable about the topics they present for discussion.

Orderly Conduct
It is the responsibility of a moderator to maintain order during discussions and to see to it that all participants behave with courtesy. Forums involve the exchange of ideas whereby participants air their views and sometimes engage in debates about the identified topics. Therefore, there is a possibility of the discussion becoming unruly particularly where the forum topic is controversial. Moderators order the forum by keeping the discussion civil and constructive. They share the rules of the forum, which may prohibit abusive language, derogatory comments and such other offensive behavior.

Content Relevance
A moderator has authority to determine the content of a forum so that it is relevant. The duty is especially useful in online forums where the moderator can edit the content of the discussion, move contributions that are not directly related to a given topic and even delete contributions that are not relevant. The moderator also protects the integrity of the discussion by doing away with contributions that are unlawful or illegal in any way such as defamatory statements and copyright infringements. Forums gain more popularity when the content therein is consistently relevant to participants.
Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.”

Blue Whale
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst

Re: Moderator Duties

Postby Blue Whale » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:46 pm

Shark, have you identified or came across a situation that moderators should be reminded of the duties :-?
Value Invest Profit

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:21 pm

Thought of posting for the benefit of Mods. We have 2 new Mods in TEC now. And their job would be made simple if the guidelines are set in motion. Also it is this season of time that we all need to be vigilant for any breach. Seniors need to be more cautious, for members and there could be few getting through the net with bad motives if no controls in place.
So getting help from the seniors in calibre of sash,path, stocks hunter and others would be useful.
In order safeguard all of us.

Blue Whale
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst

Postby Blue Whale » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:28 pm

Good to have these in a separate link so that any time anyone can refer similar to rules.
Value Invest Profit

NC+

Postby NC+ » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:53 pm

Thanks Shark this is much helpful.. :)
I think I need to kindly note this.. I do NOT want to hurt any member (without regarding any seniority or personal/previous issues) or I have no any personal agenda. So, I do not delete or warn except when a member breach the forum rules, but I do not hesitate when someone did. Whatever I do, to protect the peace and harmony and for the betterment of the forum. Hope our members'll kindly understand it. :)
Thanks all.
"Letting your emotions over-ride your plan or system is the biggest cause of failure."

PAT
Flag: Australia

Postby PAT » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:36 pm

Blue Whale wrote:Good to have these in a separate link so that any time anyone can refer similar to rules.

Yes it's good to have a separate thread as it's easy to refer
Thanks Shark for reminding all of us our responsibilities & duties... :ymhug:
Live Today........
Without compromising your ability to Live Tomorrow……… :)

PATHFINDER
Co - Admin
Co - Admin

Postby PATHFINDER » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:15 pm

Blue Whale wrote:Shark, have you identified or came across a situation that moderators should be reminded of the duties :-?

All Moderators and and Admins do a volunteer service,No one can stay reading the forum 24 hrs.
It's all members duty to report if there is a breach of forum rules by any member.
Please don't hesitate to use REPORT button.
TIMING IS THE NAME FOR THE GAME

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:42 am

merge1.png

merge2.png

merge3.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

topcat

Postby topcat » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:56 am

thanks shark
"Keep winners, Sell loosers"

NC+

Postby NC+ » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:07 am

Thanks Shark.. :)
"Letting your emotions over-ride your plan or system is the biggest cause of failure."

eagle_trader

Postby eagle_trader » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:30 pm

Hii

I have been trying to upload a pic to my profile but the requirement

is Maximum dimensions; width: 150 pixels, height: 200 pixels, file size: 100.00 KiB.

is really difficult to upload an image with this criteria, can someone help pls?
"In investing, what is comfortable is rarely profitable."

matrix

Postby matrix » Sat May 19, 2018 8:46 am

Why i can't reply this thread??
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5059#p70992
Stuck in a generation where LOYALTY is just a tatoo, LOVE is just a quote & lying is the new TRUTH

Blue Whale
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst

Postby Blue Whale » Sat May 19, 2018 9:37 pm

matrix wrote:Why i can't reply this thread??

Problem, I too can't reply ne :-\
Value Invest Profit

PATHFINDER
Co - Admin
Co - Admin

Postby PATHFINDER » Sat May 19, 2018 10:43 pm

Blue Whale wrote:
matrix wrote:Why i can't reply this thread??

Problem, I too can't reply ne :-\

Did some changes,Try now
TIMING IS THE NAME FOR THE GAME

Return to “Help Section. Announcements & Improvements”