Who Is The Lead Contestant - 2018 Local Goverment Elections

Which Party Can Secure The Highest Number of Local Councils In The Election?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:39 pm

UPFA
9%
UNF
42%
SLPP
31%
JVP
7%
TNA
11%

Total votes: 45

Investor from 1985
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Who Is The Lead Contestant - 2018 Local Goverment Elections

Postby Investor from 1985 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:21 pm

SHARK wrote:
stocks hunter wrote:Yes low voter turnaround in Colombo & Kandy is not good for UNF at all.

SHARK

My prediction is if by chance SLPP gets majority seats it should be a positive factor for CSE coz under previous leadership CSE performs well in terms of ASI gains.

It may be good if the govt was SLPP. But i like to see UNP steers ahead from the rest.
So we can have super week ahead in CSE. :-w

Just that i dont like to see the trend getting disturbed, as international pressure will mount if past regime raise its head.

IMO if SLPP in front line , now is the time to bring all our funds to CSE.... ( in 24 months we will have best gain ever & we will never regret it)
If you can stay positive in a negative situation you WIN. $-)

Edmond
Flag: Sri Lanka

Postby Edmond » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:08 am

Investor from 1985 wrote:
SHARK wrote:
stocks hunter wrote:Yes low voter turnaround in Colombo & Kandy is not good for UNF at all.

SHARK

My prediction is if by chance SLPP gets majority seats it should be a positive factor for CSE coz under previous leadership CSE performs well in terms of ASI gains.

It may be good if the govt was SLPP. But i like to see UNP steers ahead from the rest.

Just that i dont like to see the trend getting disturbed, as international pressure will mount if past regime raise its head.

IMO if SLPP in front line , now is the time to bring all our funds to CSE.... ( in 24 months we will have best gain ever & we will never regret it)

Same feeling like IF1985.

If ruling party can show the majority (Atleast both parties) then CSE will remain/go as usual. If SLPP show remarkable victory, then some funds (Black/White :ar! ) will show some drama in next few days.

Anyway enjoy with market (It won't happen what we expect, This is wonderland)

voight
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Postby voight » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:48 am

Either the President should sack the government tomorrow or dissolve the parliament tomorrow. I'm pretty sure he will do the latter
No tree grows to the sky :-?

Spy878

Postby Spy878 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:50 am

SHARK wrote:

SHARK

Agree with you... but most ppl dont like to admit the reality... :-t .... :-bd

prasa2004
Flag: Singapore

Postby prasa2004 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:36 am

People have given clear verdict and Gvt should now accept the reality. No longer can massage the nos and interpret to their liking. Severe blow to UNP and they rightfully deserved this. Any investor should not forget the pain RW gave with his CGT and drama of port city and RK with his SGT and disastrous budgets. Leave alone the hike in Int rates due to Bond scam. Cos' are reeling under TAX pressure and declining consumer spending. Sheer inefficiency by Gvt in managing (SAITAM/Strikes/Corruption cases etc) affairs being the hallmark of past 03 years. What i expect now is
1. Gvt will brace for next two years as no option and will renew the MOU and do their best to expedite cases against MR and gang to change the perception. For this they need to be brave and get right people in a re-shuffle

2. MR will lay the groundwork and do maximum at village level to grab power in 2020

Surely there will be no more asset sales by Gvt (like Mattala) as no investor will come in. Also at village level more protests will be the norm. It will be difficult to conclude ETCA as well. Hence Gvt will need to rely more on private sector to drive the economy as they will be saddled with pile of debts. For CSE what i feel it will stagnate for few days till Gvt come up with its action plan or rise with the hope MR may form a Gvt soon. Let's see tom

stocks hunter
Co - Admin
Co - Admin

Postby stocks hunter » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:58 am

Edmond wrote:
SHARK wrote:

SHARK

If ruling party can show the majority (Atleast both parties) then CSE will remain/go as usual. If SLPP show remarkable victory, then some funds (Black/White :ar! ) will show some drama in next few days.

Yes guys.

pretty sure CSE should rock now & we will have another best time period to invest in CSE.....From now on to beyond 2020.........

Yes even though my heart is with UNP we should accept the reality. I know the long term stability that they are trying to establish in the country. But at what cost??

*Can u all remember the first budget reading by RK?? Nothing in it & changed everything later.

*SGT/CGT Can u all remember?? Why the business friendly UNP imposed these types of taxes to capital mkt??

*If there's no proper leadership/back bone to the leaders in present Govt,mahinda won't allow things to happen.

*If it is like that why should we are having a puppet Govt like this??

*Better to give power to mahinda led party no??

This is only my idea friends. But one thing is clear. CSE will prosper for sure in the longer run. Take my word friends. Coz people have lots of black/white money to park some where & CSE is the best place.

b-(

Blue Whale
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst

Postby Blue Whale » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:02 am

According to the unofficial results UNP fell apart from all around the country. The likely composition of local government winning slots are as follows.

SLPP 270
ITAK 30
UNP 20
Other groups 20

So this confirms that the floating vote representing the majority of the social media influencing crowd has either rejected the policies of the ruling coalition or gave a red light about the disappointment of the Government progress so far. And this confirms that My3s acts have backfired him and infected UNPs chances. Further the political soup with major political uncertainty is right in front of you and me.
Value Invest Profit

Rapaport

Postby Rapaport » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:05 am

Overall its SLPP vs the REST... When it comes to a presidential election, will SLPP be able to garner 50.1% votes??
MR cannot contest for presidency.. Other candidates or any other Rajapakse family member may not attract equal number of votes in my opinion

UNP has a lot to acheive in the next 2 years. They need to flush out the rogues... Even better if Ranil can step down... He needs to realise his weak popularity for the top post.

MS will panic for sure... He needs to take actions to strengthen his government rather than trying to pick on UNP and bring them down... Things have really backfired on him... Its a sealed deal that he is definitely considered a UNP dominated president and his own party doesnt want him...

With regards to ASPI, not much will change since the government will carry on for 2 more years...

Bottom line people and businesses are suffering, they are not happy, promises are not kept and be ready to be punsihed!!!

Shadow walker
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Flag: Sweden

Postby Shadow walker » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:12 am

stocks hunter wrote:
Edmond wrote:
SHARK wrote:

SHARK

Yes guys.

pretty sure CSE should rock now & we will have another best time period to invest in CSE.....From now on to beyond 2020.........

Yes even though my heart is with UNP we should accept the reality. I know the long term stability that they are trying to establish in the country. But at what cost??

*Can u all remember the first budget reading by RK?? Nothing in it & changed everything later.

*SGT/CGT Can u all remember?? Why the business friendly UNP imposed these types of taxes to capital mkt??

*If there's no proper leadership/back bone to the leaders in present Govt,mahinda won't allow things to happen.

*If it is like that why should we are having a puppet Govt like this??

*Better to give power to mahinda led party no??

This is only my idea friends. But one thing is clear. CSE will prosper for sure in the longer run. Take my word friends. Coz people have lots of black/white money to park some where & CSE is the best place.

b-(

100% agree with you. No need to worry . we are already in bottom, so nothing to lose.. if its crash we can invest more.. if its move we can earn good profit this year. :-bd
Successful Investing takes time, discipline and patience. No matter how great the talent or effort, some things just take time .. ;)

Investor from 1985
Flag: Great Britain

Postby Investor from 1985 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:13 am

Mr.Edmond comment's

Anyway enjoy with market (It won't happen what we expect, This is wonderland)[/quote]

@ Edmond , according to you CSE/SEC/ CB of Sri lanka entertaining some funds (Black/White :ar! ) and allowed some drama...... :-q

I dont have the same feeling like Edmond because I'm mature Investor. (by the way I love my mother land, No matter where I reside in the world)

I don't mind who governs the country, as long as they develop the country & economy which is must for Capital markes....
Last edited by Investor from 1985 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you can stay positive in a negative situation you WIN. $-)

stocks hunter
Co - Admin
Co - Admin

Postby stocks hunter » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:13 am

Rapaport wrote:Overall its SLPP vs the REST... When it comes to a presidential election, will SLPP be able to garner 50.1% votes??
MR cannot contest for presidency.. Other candidates or any other Rajapakse family member may not attract equal number of votes in my opinion

UNP has a lot to acheive in the next 2 years. They need to flush out the rogues... Even better if Ranil can step down... He needs to realise his weak popularity for the top post.

MS will panic for sure... He needs to take actions to strengthen his government rather than trying to pick on UNP and bring them down... Things have really backfired on him... Its a sealed deal that he is definitely considered a UNP dominated president and his own party doesnt want him...

With regards to ASPI, not much will change since the government will carry on for 2 more years...

Bottom line people and businesses are suffering, they are not happy, promises are not kept and be ready to be punsihed!!!

There is a chance that MPs to cross over from the ruling party to mahinda side. That will happen since most of the MPs now think that no point of remaining in a sinking ship & to secure a place with mahinda as soon as possible.

In a scenario like that we can expect big drama's in coming days not by year 2020...

Edmond

Postby Edmond » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:39 am

Investor from 1985 wrote:Mr.Edmond comment's

@ Edmond , according to you CSE/SEC/ CB of Sri lanka entertaining some funds (Black/White :ar! ) and allowed some drama...... :-q

I dont have the same feeling like Edmond because I'm mature Investor. (by the way I love my mother land, No matter where I reside in the world)

I don't mind who governs the country, as long as they develop the country & economy which is must for Capital markes....[/quote]

That is not my wish, but reality.

BW, I totally disappointed about the former & current rulers & not interesting about politics also.

Shadow walker
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Flag: Sweden

Postby Shadow walker » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:57 am

Edmond wrote:
Investor from 1985 wrote:Mr.Edmond comment's

I don't mind who governs the country, as long as they develop the country & economy which is must for Capital markes....

That is not my wish, but reality.

BW, I totally disappointed about the former & current rulers & not interesting about politics also.[/quote]

Same story.. in 2015 i voted for yahapalanya (UNP) and learned a good lesson.. This time i didnt cast my vote to anyone.. :( :(
Successful Investing takes time, discipline and patience. No matter how great the talent or effort, some things just take time .. ;)

ruwa

Postby ruwa » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:03 am

Same here and very true Shadow but the sad thing is majority of our people never learn so this country will not go anywhere but down

dhanurrox
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Postby dhanurrox » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:30 am

Now it is high time to bring in the character for 2020

Spy878

Postby Spy878 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:31 am

ruwa wrote:Same here and very true Shadow but the sad thing is majority of our people never learn so this country will not go anywhere but down

ppl, dont be jealous ....i think 75% of members here are UNP sympathizer. :-? bleed like hell for last 3years but still back failed butterflies.first thing first, to do all the trading or business we should have a country. if these ppl remain power till 2020 there will be no country to call ours :(( :((

Fair investor

Postby Fair investor » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:33 am

Congratulations SLPP !!!!

What a remarkable victory...

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Fair investor

Postby Fair investor » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:36 am

Fair investor wrote:
dhanurrox wrote:
Blue Whale wrote:One week to go and still we can't see a clear winner isn't it.

The obvious result is UNP No 1 and Mathri falling to 3rd place

Obliviously People will do right thing this time ( specially CSE investors ) . Look like nobody talk about 1st place here...
:D :D :D

As I said.............. :)) :)) :))

dhanurrox
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Postby dhanurrox » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:40 am

Fair investor wrote:
Fair investor wrote:
dhanurrox wrote:
Blue Whale wrote:One week to go and still we can't see a clear winner isn't it.

The obvious result is UNP No 1 and Mathri falling to 3rd place

Obliviously People will do right thing this time ( specially CSE investors ) . Look like nobody talk about 1st place here...
:D :D :D

As I said.............. :)) :)) :))

Im correct on third place atleast.

stocks hunter
Co - Admin
Co - Admin

Postby stocks hunter » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:06 am

Yes it should be.

*How can president be in his seat with only 8% of votes. He should now understand that he got this seat only coz of UNP votes.

*How can prime minister run this country only with 31% of votes. This person has once again proved that he does't have any leadership qualities to run a country like SL. He has put Sri lanka in trouble for 3 times now.

ruwa

Postby ruwa » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:08 am

I don't see anyone in our political arena who is having a genuine interest in our country or it's development or the people.
All I see is a bunch of guys who are trying to make a living for them selves and their associates

voight
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Postby voight » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:18 am

2015 mandate is no longer valid due to this blowout by SLPP. President should make steps to fire the government or dissolve the parliament
No tree grows to the sky :-?

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:24 am

@voight

i dont think prez can do that as per 19th constitution.

so if you carefully analyse slfp/upfa, unf, cwc, acmc, itak and slmc get together.
they can control many councils.

so the onus is on MR to tie with slfp and upfa.

put rogues from both sides behind bars in the remaning 2 years with the help of unp.

@Ranil - stop dilly dallying with MR or SLPP.
Dont trust too much your inner circle, and start now to groom future leaders.
get use to calling spade a spade *-:)

prez should stop listening to his PMD aka SIRASA.

MR should show more than 50% gain for any dissolve in parliament !
Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.”

Spy878

Postby Spy878 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:31 am

Kuhaka wenna epa....no future with gay ppl.

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:33 am

Spy878 wrote:Kuhaka wenna epa....no future with gay ppl.

This is politics what mahinda and slpp understand ......

we will have to get used to spy.

susil and total 7 mps of upfa meeting mahinda rajapaksha :D
Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.”

Return to “Politickz”