Forum Improvement

Brinthan
Flag: Sri Lanka

Re: Forum Improvement

Postby Brinthan » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:31 am

Dear shark,
MARKET DROP MAY BE THIS

Growth forecast hits market

The Colombo Stock Exchange performance was sluggish yesterday due to the Central Bank economic growth forecast that has reduced to 4.5 percent from 5.5 percent. This has discouraged many stock market investors from investing, market analysts said.

It is said that the stock market reflects economic growth. Therefore, when the economic growth rate comes down it has a direct impact on the stock exchange, top economists said.

Further, political uncertainty, the bond issue, drought and flood conditions in the country affected the stock market.

THANX

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:01 pm

Brinthan wrote:Dear shark,
MARKET DROP MAY BE THIS

Growth forecast hits market

The Colombo Stock Exchange performance was sluggish yesterday due to the Central Bank economic growth forecast that has reduced to 4.5 percent from 5.5 percent. This has discouraged many stock market investors from investing, market analysts said.

It is said that the stock market reflects economic growth. Therefore, when the economic growth rate comes down it has a direct impact on the stock exchange, top economists said.

Further, political uncertainty, the bond issue, drought and flood conditions in the country affected the stock market.

THANX

I totally disagree.......

thats a reason many people trying to attribute to cover the downward manipulation.

its like recent statement by the foreign ministry condemning NK missile launch =))

the head of state doesnt know, PM doesnt know, FM usually cant remember doesnt know .... :-j

i suspect there is a definite effort to keep it down. [-(
Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.”

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:03 pm

people used to the bear market mentality will find millions of reasons to make it look like the market looks bearish even if the ground realities beneath are shifting positively as we speak.

Contra
Equity Analyst
Equity Analyst
Flag: Poland

Postby Contra » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:48 pm

Some like stocks prices to stay low and some like their prices to go up. Those who bought stocks especially short term traders would like to see higher prices for their stocks. On the other hand those who want to buy and accumulate stocks will like depressed prices. Some experienced market participants with their experience and knowledge on the market will ignore market volatility and short term drop and uptrend etc. Both depressed and strong markets will give opportunity for intelligent fund mangers, great rotators, traders as well investors. Both strong and weak cycle will be there in the future too.

There are investors that they may choose to build a portfolio that profits from different stages of the business cycle by investing in sectors of the economy that they think will outperform. Therefore, they will have their own sector strategy. Finally, some take Volatility has a silver lining and take those volatility to re-balancing their portfolio systematically. They think:

1.In the short run markets may be volatile and unpredictable.
2.Over time stocks have a strong upward bias.
3.They don’t go up forever.
4.They don’t go down to zero.(unlike bankruptcy ones)
5.They often move in different directions.

In short, what happened in stock markets in the past and what is happening now will repeat in the future too. It is a process. Bond market is also the same.There is a competition among all types of players such as investment banks, banks, Investors, traders, institutional investors and other market participants in the capital and money market.
Company, stock market, politics and the economy are four different things.

Hawk Eye
Research Analyst
Research Analyst

Postby Hawk Eye » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:04 pm

This is an article published in Sunday Times http://www.sundaytimes.lk/170806/busine ... 53258.html

.....Battered by drought and hammered by losses as diminishing purchasing power eats into agriculture-linked companies, Sri Lanka’s public and private sectors are feeling the twin effects of erratic weather and sinking cash flows following the worst drought in 40 years.
While the government has been forced to cough up Rs. 380 billion as humanitarian assistance, companies exposed to the farming economy are counting losses that could run into millions of rupees. Some firms are considering staff cuts with voluntary retirement packages...

Such an adverse weather condition followed after floods in South going to lead to a shortage of Food. And the GOSL has already taken steps to import necessary items. Meanwhile decline in export earnings from this sector going to impact on the foreign reserves as well. Inflation going to shoot up, interest rates also could go up.I expect the power and energy sector to get affected as well as there can be a reduction in Hydro Power Generation

State owned Business Enterprises continues huge losses. We are not sure who will start strike next..Corruptions and Economic instability all adding to the negative Economic scenario.

The Macro factors going to reflect in Micro level.When we know surely that Companies are not going to do well in coming Quarters why should we invest in it. Better strategy is to take a back seat and wait until things turn the other way. I think thats what happening now. This condition not prevail forever, it will reverse at some point

In this backdrop certain Companies going to perform well, such as Poultry, as Maize imports taxes reduced. Therefore there are opportunities too to collect some good shares and hold.

Lets wait patiently
HE

lukedesilva

Postby lukedesilva » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:23 pm

Simple question, if it is all doom and gloom why there is a foreign inflow?

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:12 pm

Dear Members
As you may have noticed in the recent past, we have been experiencing some difficulty to register our new members. Further our longterm effort to modernise/revamp the site has been in limbo. We have been testing our new site in the backdrop as of today. All members are free to test it and advise us, so that we can improve. I hope most of you will like it.
With all good things there are certain drawbacks. All our resources with this forum will not be able import as of now.

Below i give the link of our new forum.

https://www.theequitycheck.com/

In view of the above migration to our new site, i will be limiting my time here, in order to focus more effort at the new forum.

Hope to see you in our brand new site.

Good luck

newer1
Technical Analyst
Technical Analyst

Postby newer1 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:42 pm

Good improvement shark and Thank you so much for your effort with limited time
Good Luck
BE A FRIEND OF TREND

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:06 pm

SHARK wrote:Dear Members
As you may have noticed in the recent past, we have been experiencing some difficulty to register our new members. Further our longterm effort to modernise/revamp the site has been in limbo. We have been testing our new site in the backdrop as of today. All members are free to test it and advise us, so that we can improve. I hope most of you will like it.
With all good things there are certain drawbacks. All our resources with this forum will not be able import as of now.

Below i give the link of our new forum.

In view of the above migration to our new site, i will be limiting my time here, in order to focus more effort at the new forum.

Hope to see you in our brand new site.

Good luck

most of the communities are updated in our new forum. however there are few more communities that will be updated over the week-end. also other regular topics such as dividends announcements, Financial report Q2-2018, Global Currency and Commodity update topics have been opened.

the IT support i use to get here in this forum is not that satisfactory, hence had to take the most difficult decision, that is to move into the new site. as the membership of 600+ who frequent here are valuable for us.

as i mentioned the new site is fully secure, and the new TheEquityCheck forum is the only secured and safest online investment community site in srilanka. :-bd

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:49 am

Pls make sure you first register at our brand new forum, you cannot use login for the first time in our new site :

http://www.theequitycheck.com

You may use same username and password if you like, or if you wish can use different ones.

While we will discuss with the new support staff to see if the contents could be migrated so we preserve our hardwork resources.

The new site ownership 100% of http://www.theequitycheck.com is mine as same as this forum , and running cost as usual is borne by me. The increase overheads is almost 5 times in shifting to our new place. But its worth in the longer run. The decision to move is customer eccentric, and i am confident that most will like the decision as we forge ahead, its taken in the best interest of all the membership to provide unconditional access to information you feel required although most information are available in the public domain.

In case you haven't registered still, i recommend you to do that as early as possible to receive uninterrupted access.

Thanking you.

lukedesilva

Postby lukedesilva » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:58 am

A big hooray for Shaki .

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:32 pm

Dear Members,

I am officially requesting all TEC members to join our new forum.

Looking forward to see you on the flip side :D

There is lot of work we need to do there :-?

So alone and with few of our Mods, i doubt we can accomplish alot.

So while thanking all those who worked to build this site as the most reliable information portal for the online investing community, we need a bigger effort in our new place at www.theequitycheck.com

See you there :ymhug:

Good luck

nuwandwo

Postby nuwandwo » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:49 am

Didnt know about this.. Just saw

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:31 am

We have been contemplating for an upgrade for over an year. we noticed the upgrades were not meeting our requirement here. we always try to give the best to our members. the support i have been getting when this forum was set up had been overwhelming. but when our requirement and expectations change over time, we do to leave certain things behind, while keeping our roots/values/ethics intact.

The link is given below ;
www.theequitycheck.com

Looking forward to see all our active members in our brand new super cool forum.

dhanurrox
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Postby dhanurrox » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:42 pm

SHARK wrote:We have been contemplating for an upgrade for over an year. we noticed the upgrades were not meeting our requirement here. we always try to give the best to our members. the support i have been getting when this forum was set up had been overwhelming. but when our requirement and expectations change over time, we do to leave certain things behind, while keeping our roots/values/ethics intact.

Looking forward to see all our active members in our brand new super cool forum.

I registered there.What will happen to this forum?

Investor from 1985
Flag: Great Britain

Postby Investor from 1985 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:06 pm

SHARK wrote:We have been contemplating for an upgrade for over an year. we noticed the upgrades were not meeting our requirement here. we always try to give the best to our members. the support i have been getting when this forum was set up had been overwhelming. but when our requirement and expectations change over time, we do to leave certain things behind, while keeping our roots/values/ethics intact.

Congrats Shark. :-bd
Attitude determines how well you do it. :)

pure equity

Postby pure equity » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:02 pm

Congratulation Shark

SHARK
Savant
Savant

Postby SHARK » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:23 pm

The Forum will be no longer supported.
Please use the new Forum Link given below.

dhanurrox
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Postby dhanurrox » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:37 pm

SHARK wrote:The Forum will be no longer supported.
Please use the new Forum Link given below.

wait for my 1000 post :D :D

Return to “Help Section. Announcements & Improvements”